ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

foobar...honestly...WTF?! WTF?!

<< < (6/15) > >>

Djiezes:
And since they're both open source, anyone could come along and create a decent interface for them.-Renegade
--- End quote ---
Foobar isn't open source, see here

But anyway, you're right. It's not easy to learn to get around with it. It takes a lot of time, reading the hydrogen forum, wiki's and other pages. It's a poweruser program & you've got to love fiddling around with it.

f0dder:
And since they're both open source, anyone could come along and create a decent interface for them.-Renegade
--- End quote ---
Foobar isn't open source, see here

But anyway, you're right. It's not easy to learn to get around with it. It takes a lot of time, reading the hydrogen forum, wiki's and other pages. It's a poweruser program & you've got to love fiddling around with it.
-Djiezes (October 09, 2006, 10:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
That certainly does look like a opensource license to me, just because it's not GPL crap doesn't mean it's not open...

JavaJones:
I just have a hard time believing people will go through all that trouble just to get something that really only does maybe a few fairly minor things that Winamp doesn't do, much of which could be done with a custom skin that could then be more easily shared with the world. Seems like if a lot of these people put the same time and effort into skinning/modding Winamp they'd have the same capability but nicer skinning and more overall features.

So yeah, I still don't "get" Foobar". :D

- Oshyan

f0dder:
I'm not a fan of the way foobar does things, it's scripting seems quite complex and I don't have the patience to tinker with it. But with minimal tinkering (actually just downloading a couple of files and clicking a couple buttons), I got this result, which I quite like:
foobar...honestly...WTF?!  WTF?!

Also, I rip my CDs to single file with a cue-sheet, something that doesn't work very well under winamp (unstable plugins) - foobar handles this perfectly.

JavaJones:
Hmm, I've never understood the single-file-with-cue approach to ripping. What's the advantage of this really?

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version