ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

foobar...honestly...WTF?! WTF?!

<< < (14/15) > >>

superboyac:
god, I cannot recognize a single artist in your screenshot, superboyAC
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I'm pretty old school.  I'm mostly into jazz, but have nostalgic ties to good country, classic rock, and a pop tune occasionally.

I do use foobar as my library, tagger, transcoder, and ripper smiley
I think one explanation for the high memory usage is that I may still have some album art in tags; but I think I read in one of the threads that Lashiec posted that these are completely ignored.
--- End quote ---
Just about all my mp3 files have album art embedded in the tags (I don't do the whole keep the jpg file in the folder business).  I don't know if I've ever noticed the memory usage being high.  Sometimes it goes high, but I don't why, and it's only temporary.  Then again, I don't have my whole library loaded into it, usually just a couple albums or maybe 100 songs or so.

In fact my current library (a small one on a 2.5 HD!) is about 1242 entries (most of it cue sheets) and foo is using 45mb of RAM + 37 of virtual memory.

I wonder why that is...
--- End quote ---
I have about 700 songs loaded right now, it's 15 mB RAM.  Cue sheets?!  What are you playing, lossless files?  Or do you keep your albums as one file and navigate the tracks through the cue?  That's pretty hard core.

Lashiec:
god, I cannot recognize a single artist in your screenshot, superboyAC :)
-urlwolf (April 19, 2007, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

What?! You don't recognize Lynyrd Skynyrd, Norah Jones and Manfred Mann (well, I admit the latter were very famous only during the 60s ;D)?

30,000 songs... that's something like 3000 discs! My library is about 3900 tracks, and that's including video game soundtracks, and excluding most of my discs, which would amount another 700 songs, but with a 8 GB HDD, well... Anyway, 100 MB is something big, but I'll want to see Winamp 5 or iTunes with so many songs... The full installation of Winamp was almost 50 MB without anything on the playlist or the library ::)

Curt:
, I cannot recognize a single artist in your screenshot, superboyAC :)
--- End quote ---

I knew half of them  :up:

1242 entries (most of it cue sheets) and foo is using 45mb of RAM + 37 of virtual memory.

I wonder why that is...
--- End quote ---

- "I wonder why that is..."

I was thinking 'wonder what that is' when I read the words "cue sheets"

cue sheet:

(Theater) list of instructions and explanation for the director's or technician's use when preparing for a performance -Dictionary
--- End quote ---

What's a 'cue sheet'?   :tellme:

Lashiec:
Remember that in those cases, Wikipedia is your best friend :)

Nudel:
fb2k is great. It demands that you put some time into setting it up but it works great and it actually allows you get the UI you want.

It's sad that Winamp, with its millions of ugly and functionally-challenged skins designed by people who think hiding buttons in strange Photoshop filters makes a good UI, never provided me with a UI that I liked half as much as what I got out of foobar2000 with half an hour of tweaking from a fresh install. (After discovering columns_ui and the album-art plugins, of course.)

I'm glad there's at least one media playback application for Windows that doesn't have to look like it came from outer-space (but can if that's what you want).

Here's my fb2k config. It's simple and it's exactly what I want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version