ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

who dares wins - my challenge to you.

(1/6) > >>

nudone:
right, i've had enough. i'm sick of reading about how to do things and then finding it still not make enough difference for anything to really change.

so, i challenge you, by the end of this month i will have completed a task that i find impossible to get on with - and for it to be a proper challenge i'd like to see someone else attempt to do the same with something they are procrastinating over.

my task will probably take 7 days to complete, i'm not sure of the hours but it's one of those 'project' type tasks that everyone makes and then sticks on the shelf for another year. i admit that i started the project not long back but now i've got to that stage where i'll look for any excuse not to do it.

is anyone prepared to take the challenge - by the end of september you'll have either completed or made serious inroads into a project you currently cannot contemplate.

go on, i dare you. put your money where your mouth is.

mouser:
I'm in.
I have to write an outline/draft for a series of papers i want to write.  I'll make that my end-of-september project.

nudone:
good, i was hoping you'd be up for it.

anyone else?

this needs to be focusing on a real procrastinated task - one that you keep avoiding and probably is starting to make you really annoyed that you haven't touched it.

Lilly:
End of September, eh? Hmmm... okay. I'm in!  :Thmbsup:

I have a gigantic-falling-over stack of papers from journals that I've had for years that's sitting on my dresser. I have to just clean it up. Toss the ones I don't want, scan the ones I want to keep but won't be accessing anytime soon, and file the ones that I think will be useful to me in the near future.

If I do manage to do this, it will be a miracle. It's been sitting there taking up space for the last year, and I've been procrastinating on it. So.... I want it to go!

urlwolf:
I'm in.
It's my much-procrastinated paper :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version