ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Dialog Extender

FileBox Extender 1.91.02 - Now FREE!

<< < (2/4) > >>

rjbull:
File-Ex, hasn't been updated in a long time either. Wonder if they're calling it quits for vista as well.
-allen (September 21, 2006, 08:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just e-mailed Cottonwood Software, alerting them to the existence of this thread, and asking them if they would clarify the File-Ex situation.  Might be worth someone asking the other vendors in the DC Dialog Box Extender review as well.

lanux128:
i guess it's time to update the main review.

btw, when i roll-up a window, the program reverts to non-themed look. can this be reversed?

rjbull:
This is sad news . . . I'd grown quite fond of the app.  My other favorite, File-Ex, hasn't been updated in a long time either. Wonder if they're calling it quits for vista as well.  I hate when software I love dies.
--- End quote ---

I received a reply from Stan Spielbusch of Cottonwood Software, <[email protected]

Thank you for letting me know.  Rather than joining the discussion
myself, you're welcome to quote any or all of this for me:

As of yet I have not had a chance to look at Vista to see how easy it
would be to support it.  It may not be practical to port File-Ex to
Vista either -- the comments about FileBox eXtender aren't very
encouraging.  I do plan to investigate the situation in a couple
months, hoping that I can find a way to do it (perhaps File-Ex's
architecture is different enough from FileBox eXtender that it's not a
problem for File-Ex), but at this time I cannot promise that a Vista
version will be forthcoming.

By the way, if anyone has tried to run File-Ex under Vista, I would be
interested to know the results.  As yet I don't have hardware capable
of running Vista myself.

--- End quote ---

Posting delayed as I was away last week.

rjbull:
This is sad news . . . I'd grown quite fond of the app.  My other favorite, File-Ex, hasn't been updated in a long time either. Wonder if they're calling it quits for vista as well.  I hate when software I love dies.
--- End quote ---

Lanux128, maybe AutoDialogs should be added to the review? 
And the good bit; it's currently on DC members' special offer on MetaProducts Software  :)

AutoDialogs is a Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista program that was developed to provide quick access to the folders you use most often in standard Open / Save as / Browse for folder dialogs (including all Microsoft Office versions and Windows 2000/XP/2003 dialog boxes,) Windows Explorer and many other programs.

Using AutoDialogs, you can automatically insert preselected folders into your dialog boxes using a system tray menu (requires only two clicks) or a pre-assigned hot key (one keystroke.) With AutoDialogs, you no longer need dozens of mouse clicks to navigate to that desired folder!

--- End quote ---

lanux128:
maybe AutoDialogs should be added to the review?-rjbull (October 03, 2006, 04:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

aye rjbull, AutoDialogs looks promising but i think zaine ridling maintains the review.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version