ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to edit a titlebar from a dll?

(1/2) > >>

caligula:
Hey, I was wondering how you can permanently edit a title bar from a dll? I know the dll in question, and have tried numerous ways of editing it on various peoples recommendations, but nothing has worked. Also googled some methods which was unsurprisingly useless. Tried visual studio (but of course it's not in IL, some other stuff that was never going to work, and a hex editor. I can find a great deal of things in the dll, but none of them are the title bar. Saw another post from 2012 on here, but i'm not convinced it would solve my problem. I don't want a script that changes it, rather a permanent alteration. I'm stumped. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

caligula:
I found how out how to find said text in the title bar. It's been changed. I used ildasm and opened it there. How would I go about making this back into a DLL? thanks!

caligula:
To clarify, I used ildasm to dump it, find the titlebar, change it, and now I cant make the dumped text document back into the dll. I saved it as a .dll but its completely different and 8x bigger. no idea whats wrong with it or how to reverse the dump? compiling maybe? not too sure what to call it, but making a dll that matches the original with the only difference being the title bar text ive altered

Ath:
Without the original source of the dll it is close to impossible to re-create the dll.
The only viable option of changing that title is to grab a hex editor, and change that title, with the restriction you have to keep the current length as the max. length, optionally filling with spaces or 0s at the end when the new title is shorter.

caligula:
Thanks! So when I go to edit it, it warns me it'll change file size. Will this screw up the program? Sorry if these are all stupid questions I am extremely new to anything like this, and apparently an idiot. Really appreciate your response though <3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version