ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (35/55) > >>

BrokenNails:
Integrates nicely with FARR - just add your RoboForm directory to FARR and you can launch automatic logins directly - a massive timesaver at work where there are passwords for almost every system.
--- End quote ---

ooh, cool tip!
-mouser (July 02, 2007, 12:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, a nice side effect of RoboForm storing every login as a separate file. We've got umpteen portals/shared spaces/etc at work and it's so much easier to just fire them all off using FARR without having to worry about logins.

ak_:
Very nice post BrokenNails :)

I used to use dbPowerAmp all the time too, but i've been disapointed with the latest version so i looked for an alternative and found Switch. Convert anything to anything very simply, i like it and it's free. The "plus" version offers a command-line ability that should very interesting with Drag n Drop Robot.

Also, i was looking for a nice alternative to Winamp and discovered XMPlay (thanks to *i don't remember who* on this forum) and i love it. You should try it.

zridling:
Thanks for the list BrokenNails! Fortunately, using the Opera browser has allowed me to forego Roboform, even though it's undeniably fantastic. Much like Vista's disk management allows me to disgard all those partition utilities — if I don't need, I won't install it. But AutoHotkey is "on the cusp"?!  ;-)

bugis:
I've been enjoying GIMP lately, to my surprise. I've rejected it a dozen times in the past, but now I can finally get past the fact that it has no background workspace. That crap always drove me crazy, but suddenly it doesn't. Go figure.
-zridling (June 25, 2007, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

You are a stronger man than I, my friend. :D
I almost lost my sanity with GIMP's user interface. I simply couldn't get used to it after PS. I hate that program with a passion now. :P

EDIT: ahh that GIMPSHOP thingie looks interesting. Gotta give it a shot, if they claim to have improved the suer interface. Mind you, I am not a PS power user by any stretch of the imagination, but PS has been relatively straighforward to use even for a novice like me.

howiem:
Favorite software?  I llike everything I have installed now, but that would make a long list. But since my main foxus is security, I'll concentrate on my favorite security programs:

1.  Sandboxie - I haven't even seen a false positive, much less any real malware since I started doing all my surfing in a sandbox.
2.  NOD32 AV - I tend to forget it's there, until it announces that it has detected the eicar file from time to time.
3.  Zone Alarm Pro - I know some (many?) do not agree, but this one works perfectly for me.
4.  ProcessGuard Pro - If you don't let it run, it can't do any damage.

Non-Security: 
1.  Lexitron - a Thai-English, English-Thai simultaneous translator.  Indispensible for my work.
2.  Ace Utilities - Cleanup utility that does a lot more than just clean.
3.  Mailwasher Pro - Great anti-spam program, but i could probably do just as much with the free version (which I also have)
4.  Copernic Agent Pro - Outstanding for research work.
5.  Gadwin Printscreen - simple to use and does exactly what I need
6.  Deskpins - makes programs remain on top if they do not already have that option

Windows XP SP2 Fully patched, ASUS P4P800S M/B, 1.5GB RAM, Intel 4 CPU 848P Prescott 3.2 Ghz w/hyperthreading.  3 HDDs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version