ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (23/55) > >>

Curt:
 ;D I asked, and you answered. Wow! This is going to take me some time to digest. Thanks a lot for the answer! And please, everyone else, forgive me for cluttering the thread; I will not ask any more questions out of context  :-[

Curt:
Am I correct in thinking you're showing the tab bar in Opera but not in the others ??  :tellme:
-tomos (February 09, 2007, 09:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
No no, I wouldn't be that unfair. -Curt (February 09, 2007, 09:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Silly me. You wrote "TAB - bar", but I didn't think of it. Yes, of course, the Opera tab-bar is displayed, but there is no tab-bar in IE6 and the one in Firefox is a hole lot smaller than Opera's.

Curt:
Only now I can see the problem: I forgot to write that I want the various Opera toolbars to merge into one single bar, as I have it in IE and FF - and I can find no way to do that in Opera. That is what the fuss was all about. Sorry for not making my self clear; it has been a frustrating day to me (it is late afternoon around here) and I am all stressed up.

Curt:
Only now I can see the problem: I forgot to write that I want the various Opera toolbars to merge into one single bar, as I have it in IE and FF - and I can find no way to do that in Opera. -Curt (February 09, 2007, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Finally I found it; the way. I must say it have taken me a couple of days to understand how to customize Opera, but now I will change my attitude and give praise to this powerful browser. I like both my Inernet Explorer 6 and Firefox 2, but Opera really is matching both of them 100% - and it is just as small as any, even smaller!

cthorpe:
Wow, I like your setup cthorpe, I could implement an idea or two from that.  (I too am a True Launch Bar supporter and had no idea about the window plug-in) thanks for taking the time to post your set-up.  On a similar note, if you had a wider screen like say 24'' 1980x1200 would you run everything on the bottom of the screen because it might fit better, or do you prefer having it at the top regardless.   Cheers,  vegas
-vegas (February 07, 2007, 02:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey, sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.  I don't know why I didn't have subscriptions turned on for this thread.  I would probably stick with the top and bottom toolbars now that I've gotten used to having them.  I've added a few more icons for convienience, and switched to a different foobar control panel:
My favorite software! What's yours?

Carl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version