ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (22/55) > >>

Curt:
Great thread.  Here are my fav's:

Opera (so fast and powerful, I love it)
-Nomadin (February 09, 2007, 06:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I won't question that Opera is fast, its just that I've been testing it for a couple of weeks now, and I cannot see that it should be any faster than Internet Explorer 6, just as fast, but not faster, but it is of course faster than Firefox, which wrongly is being promoted as faster than IE.

But you must be the right guy to tell how to make the UI toolbar smaller?  :tellme:

I do like my toolbars to be as small as possible, but I've not been able to understand how this can be done in Opera. But maybe this question should be asked somewhere else.

cranioscopical:
Ohh, there is always something to learn, isn't there; now I have to learn macros!   
- a problem being that I can only remember a very few hotkeys..  :-[ -Curt (February 09, 2007, 01:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, always something :)
The good news is that, even after years and years of developing our own 'quick' ways to do things, it's still possible for each of us to learn a new trick from another user.
With hot keys, luckily for me I adopted a hot-key system ages ago, before many programs had their own internal hot keys.  Then, I set up just about every keyboard key to have multiple functions: natural; natural+ctrl; natural +ctrl-shift; natural+ctrl+shift+alt.... I've moved that 'system' onto every machine I've owned since, so it's automatic for me now, I will try Fastnote on your recommendation, thanks for pointing it out!

tomos:
... tell how to make the UI toolbar smaller? 

I do like my toolbars to be as small as possible, but I've not been able to understand how this can be done in Opera. But maybe this question should be asked somewhere else.-Curt
--- End quote ---

Am I correct in thinking you're showing the tab bar in Opera but not in the others ??  :tellme:

Curt:
Am I correct in thinking you're showing the tab bar in Opera but not in the others ??  :tellme:
-tomos (February 09, 2007, 09:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
No no, I wouldn't be that unfair. Forgive me for not making it clear the first time - and for hijacking this thread  :-[

Nomadin:
But you must be the right guy to tell how to make the UI toolbar smaller?  :tellme:

[ Invalid Attachment ][ Invalid Attachment ]

I do like my toolbars to be as small as possible, but I've not been able to understand how this can be done in Opera. But maybe this question should be asked somewhere else.

--- End quote ---

<= I hope this works, if so this is my interface.

The UI can be scaled to a certain degree. Press Shift-F12 and the icons can be scaled to a percentage of the standard UI.  I have mine set at 80%.

You can also select minimalist UI's at the Opera site: http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/minimalist/
I am using Tango_Cl which looks nice to me.

I have also removed the menu from view to save space.  It is in a single drop down button.

Finally, make sure that the Tab bar is shown "only when needed" and the progress bar replaces the address bar. (Both in the Customize option when you right click the tool bar)  I also put the tab bar on the bottom so that the interface is consistent with one tab or multiple tabs - it does not make the page jump when I open a second tab.

Of course there is always F11, which maximizes the window and hides all of the UI stuff.   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version