ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (21/55) > >>

Curt:
: long ago I set up a folder of the icons that I use, so it's always just one source for me...on a hot key.
-cranioscopical (February 08, 2007, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am an "IT-analphabetic", so your words confused me. When you decide to change an icon, and don't wanna use one from the FolderExt.dll or Shell32.dll, but are to browse, how can a hotkey help you then? You can't use a hotkey inside the search-box 'Select Icon File', can you?? Thanks to Explorer I have 4000 icons on the left side of my screen, but that doesn't help me, I think, when I have to browse and 'Select Icon File'.

Curt:
Flashnote by Softvoile Company
-Curt (January 16, 2007, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Forgive me, brothers, for repeating it again, but I've really grown very attached to the free Flashnote, and think y'all should check it out.

-Curt (February 07, 2007, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think Flashnote is the fastest app I've ever tried (yes: fast like a flash...) and with no need to save - when it is written, it is saved!

Softvoile has most kindly made a screenshot for Donationcoder.forum:

cranioscopical:
Curt: You can't use a hotkey inside the search-box 'Select Icon File', can you??
--- End quote ---
Yes, I can use a hot key there, thanks to my favourite macro software. A hot key enters the location of the folder that holds my icon files, and the 'browse button' does the rest of what I need by matching whatever text I begin to enter.  Or, I can jump directly to the folder and then select by eye.

Curt:
Yes, I can use a hot key there, thanks to my favourite macro software. -cranioscopical (February 08, 2007, 11:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ohh, there is always something to learn, isn't there; now I have to learn macros!   
- a problem being that I can only remember a very few hotkeys..  :-[

Nomadin:
Great thread.  Here are my fav's:

Total Commander
Xplorer2 (second primarily because of the lack of built-in achive handling)
PowerPro (does everything!)
Opera (so fast and powerful, I love it)
TrueLaunchBar
ClipMate (sometimes I switch to a light cliboard capture program like ClipX (http://bluemars.org/clipx/)
PowerMarks (sure wish they would keep updating this great program)
Find and Run Robot
Screenshot Captor
Xint - notepad replacement (http://www.xtort.net/xtort/xint.php)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version