ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (20/55) > >>

zridling:
Okay Curt, FlashNote is a great idea, and I like it better than sticky apps by far. It sells itself as rough copy, but it's rather 'exact' copy, retaining the formatting of a php file I dumped inside it. Thanks for sharing!

Curt:
Okay Curt, FlashNote is a great idea, and I like it better than sticky apps by far. It sells itself as rough copy, but it's rather 'exact' copy, retaining the formatting of a php file I dumped inside it. Thanks for sharing!
-zridling (February 07, 2007, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome! :Thmbsup:

---

I was almost forgetting my number one program; it is very old and have not been update since year 2002. I use it every time I install a program (= almost every day), or if I see a folder with an icon I don't like anymore: Right-click the folder, left-click 'Properties' > 'Customize' > 'Change Icon' - using Customize Folder Shell Extension 1.3.14   :-*

I think you have a similar, but downgraded feature in XP - I use Win2K.

Customize Folder is an operating system shell extension that adds an additional page to the properties of a folder or drive. This additional page provides some additional customizations above those provided by Microsoft.-CloneSoft
--- End quote ---

* Features :     

Ability to alter appearance of folder contents including background and text colors..

Ability to use image as folder background pattern

Ability to associate descriptive text with a folder

Ability to alter the icon associated with a folder or removable drive

Over 330 [old] icon images included

Translated to French, Spanish and German

Online Help Available

* Developer Info :

This application was written using the ATL and extends feature already built into the operating system.

A couple of interesting features here are the use of owner drawn controls, unique user interface aspects and online help.

cranioscopical:
Curt: Customize Folder Shell Extension 1.3.14
--- End quote ---

I agree with you about its appeal.  Been using it for years.  I rely on different folder backgrounds to tell me if I've mistakenly opened the wrong folder  :-[ 

Curt:
Curt: Customize Folder Shell Extension 1.3.14
--- End quote ---

I agree with you about its appeal.  Been using it for years.  I rely on different folder backgrounds to tell me if I've mistakenly opened the wrong folder  :-[ 
-cranioscopical (February 07, 2007, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup:

(Customize Folder Shell Extension = CFSE) For long I would waiste a lot of time navigating from System32 (where CFSE have its DLL, next to Windows' Shell32 icon DLL) to the folder Icons, when I was looking for a new icon. One day I learned about soft and hard -linking. Today I have hardlinked five folders from Pictures > Icons, into System32, so the hole icon replacing process is really fast now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
why can't I see the pics in preview?

cranioscopical:
Curt: I have hardlinked five folders from Pictures > Icons, into System32, so the hole icon replacing process is really fast now.
--- End quote ---
That's a good idea, hard links are handy. I do it differently: long ago I set up a folder of the icons that I use, so it's always just one source for me...on a hot key.
Quick ways of doing things are very personal, aren't they? What's quick for you might be torture to me, and vice versa.
There's a lot to be learned about how people's brains function by analyzing those kinds of differences (sad to say, mine functions at the speed of treacle pouring over molasses - I need all the help I can get).  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version