ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (19/55) > >>

tomos:
TrueLaunchBar (http://truelaunchbar.com $$ - This just makes my computing life easier.  I actually run with my taskbar at the bottom (with a truelaunchbar enhanced quick launch) and a toolbar across the top of the screen with some truelaunch plugins and my clipmate toolbar.  I loose a tiny bit of screen real estate, but I work faster.-cthorpe
--- End quote ---
it'd be nice to see a screenshot if you could?

cthorpe:
-tomos (January 26, 2007, 05:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Of course.

Here is what my screen looks like:

The first two Quick Launch icons actually pop up menus when I click on them:

My favorite software! What's yours? My favorite software! What's yours?

The weather plugin in the top left corner shows current conditions when you hover your mouse over it and forcast when you click on it:

The Window List plugin shows you a list of open windows and lets you switch to them just like clicking on them in the task bar.  This lets me access running programs without having to move the mouse down to the bottom of the screen.

The foobar2000 plugin only shows the foobar icon if the program is not running.  When you start the player by clicking the icon or some other method, player controls automatically appear in the toobar:

The foobar controls are actually part of the media player plugin.  That plugin can control various players:

The command line plugin lets you type commands just like you could with the Run command on the start menu, and even has autocompletion:

There are a lot more plugins available:

Carl

vegas:
Wow, I like your setup cthorpe, I could implement an idea or two from that.  (I too am a True Launch Bar supporter and had no idea about the window plug-in) thanks for taking the time to post your set-up.  On a similar note, if you had a wider screen like say 24'' 1980x1200 would you run everything on the bottom of the screen because it might fit better, or do you prefer having it at the top regardless.   Cheers,  vegas

tomos:
--- End quote ---

Of course.

Here is what my screen looks like:-cthorpe
--- End quote ---

You're giving me ideas !!  :)

Curt:
Flashnote by Softvoile Company
-Curt (January 16, 2007, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Forgive me, brothers, for repeating it again, but I've really grown very attached to the free Flashnote, and think y'all should check it out.

File: flashnote_2.1.exe, 400 Kb
Version: 2.1
Release date: 15 December 2006.
OS Support: Windows 2000/2003/XP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version