ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (43/55) > >>

ad-min:
Oh, and the program is 100% in German. No English...
-Curt (February 24, 2008, 06:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just go to Allgemein > Lokalisierung (General > Localization) and switch from Deutsch to English. But - as far as I know - the help file is only in German.

I tried a LOT of applications of this kind, but Shortcut is - in my opinion - by far the best one.

Curt:
Oh, and the program is 100% in German. No English...-Curt (February 24, 2008, 06:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wrong, Curt! 
Allgemein (General) > Lokalizierung (Localization) > Deutsch / English

Sorry! :-[

Edit: However, this does not apply to he pre-made macros, they are all in German.

rjbull:
Just go to Allgemein > Lokalisierung (General > Localization) and switch from Deutsch to English. But - as far as I know - the help file is only in German.

I tried a LOT of applications of this kind, but Shortcut is - in my opinion - by far the best one.
-ad-min (February 25, 2008, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...  Good software coming out of Germany, e.g. Horst Schaffer's programs, but I think I'd rather wait until everything has an English translation, including the licensing terms.

Curt:
One of my absolute favourites was just updated, rewritten from scratch:

Flashnote 3.0 beta appeared. Program is rewritten from scratch. So, in spite of it is thoroughly tested, it has -beta prefix.

I need to tell that program has features available only in 2.x branch now. I have not added anything important. Among new functions I can mention that now you can move Notes up/down on the tree. This branch will be further developed. There will be new versions, but I do not promise to make them soon.

Some features that will appear in future versions: support of portable mode, search through the whole database, automatic backup, Drag&Drop of Notes on the tree.

At the same time Flashnote is not going to turn into PIM.

Note for the users of current version:

Flashnote 3.x converts your database into the new format automatically. Backup of current database will be created before that. But all Settings you should make again.

Thus you can return to using Flashnote 2.3 and the old database. In this case infomation saved in version 3.0 will be lost.

In spite of the above I advice you make backup of the "C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\flashnote\" folder (or where you store your database).

Hope you like new version. All your comments are greatly appritiated.
--- End quote ---

And, may I add, it still pops up like a flash...  :up:

http://softvoile.com/flashnote/download.php?s=news3.0fn

rjbull:
One of my absolute favourites was just updated, rewritten from scratch:

Some features that will appear in future versions: support of portable mode, search through the whole database, automatic backup, Drag&Drop of Notes on the tree.
/quote]

And, may I add, it still pops up like a flash...  :up:

http://softvoile.com/flashnote/download.php?s=news3.0fn

--- End quote ---
-Curt (April 09, 2008, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Absence of "search through whole database" would be a deal-breaker for me.  As things stand, Horst Schaeffer's MemPad has all those features (as far as I understand them) except drag & drop.  That is - small, free, fast, portable, hotkey to toggle between full screen and tray, search entire database, and you can encrypt your files if you want to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version