ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (12/55) > >>

Djiezes:
Oh, and I forgot to add: Here's also a great list of 'lean' programs (low on resources)

Dr-Leech:
I can't believe that no one uses the fantastic DM2 (http://dm2.sourceforge.net/)

I also use some of the ones ppl said.

Darwin:
I'll wade in...
File Explorer: Dopus 8
Web Browser: Maxthon (1.57 - beta for 2 is fantastic though but not ready for prime time)

There are lots of others, but I live in the 2 above!

edit: how could I have forgotten Roboform and Clipmate!

vixay:
File Manager: Directory Opus - best file management application i've come across! [Tangent: Though I am on the hunt for a new Tag based file manager, because i like to download and archive software i want to be able to store its related information in a database like format so i can quickly search my laptop when not on the net to give friends the files they need.]

Text Manager(editor): Ultraedit - does everything i ever need to do with text, rarely do i need its powers, but it is good to have it!

Productivity: ATNotes - awesome FREE utility for desktop sticky notes.

Productivity: Find&RunRobot - absolutely awesome and exactly what i wished for! Thank you! :)

Internet Browser: Firefox - love the extensibility! Though opera was ahead in terms of feature set, and the smallest neatest package.

Besides these though i use a lot of apps, and like true software connoisseurs i am always on the hunt for the right tool for the right job...
i have used and use occasionally others like strokeit, mozy, ...etc.
I prefere small footprint apps, so that i can have more of them running at the same time! hehe :). Thats why dc's one-trick ponies are fabulous! I loved the whole gridmove discussion though i've resisted using it for some odd reason...

dpierron:
1. Mac OS X
2. Total Commander

Too bad OS X is missing a Total Commander version of its own ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version