ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OpenDNS - safer, faster and smarter DNS

<< < (5/6) > >>

davidu:
Looks very interesting. I occasionally have DNS problems with my ISP and can't access sites without changing my HOSTS file.

Does anyone know how the ads are served or where they appear? I'd just like to know that. (From here --- How Can OpenDNS be Free?.)
-Renegade (February 01, 2008, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can see the full experience if you go to http://guide.opendns.com/ (or with an example: http://guide.opendns.com/?url=www.ulevitch.commo )

You get that when you visit a domain name that no longer exists or is severely broken.  Rather than the browser "host can not be found" page.

-david

tinjaw:
David,

Thank your for OpenDNS. I use it on every computer where I can set the DNS server. :)

thomthowolf:
David: I assume you are associated with opendns?
-Josh (February 01, 2008, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Founder, CEO, occasional janitor.  :D
-davidu (February 01, 2008, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
I love the fact that we can be having a discussion about almost anything and sometimes someone like David will chime in.   :D Welcome David, I hope you like the neighborhood.  I am a user of your service and have no complaints.   :Thmbsup:

davidu:
I love the fact that we can be having a discussion about almost anything and sometimes someone like David will chime in.   :D Welcome David, I hope you like the neighborhood.  I am a user of your service and have no complaints.   :Thmbsup:
-thomthowolf (February 08, 2008, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the compliments. If I ever somehow miss something here you guys have questions on related to OpenDNS, you can email me first name at opendns dot com.

f0dder:
Well, have to say I'm not too big a fan of OpenDNS because of the "typo-correction" stuff (I prefer non-resolving), and I'm not sure what to think about certain other parts of it... but it's very nice having an easy-to-setup alternative when ISPs fsck up (I have the OpenDNS IPs entered in my cellphone), and it's also very nice seeing software/service/whatever authors stepping by donationcoder :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version