ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Oxygen 13 lock screen battery percentage during charge?

(1/1)

MilesAhead:
I have Battery Screensaver which showed the battery charge during recharge on the lock screen.  It worked great up to Android 11.  I got a new phone with Oxygen 13 and apparently nobody has a way of doing this.  You have to tap the lock screen to see the awake screen and read the tiny status bar percentage.  Then it reverts to black.  I am hesitant to just leave it on the home screen to watch it charge since my phone would be unlocked.  Besides, this should be simple.  Why is it impossible?   :tellme:

MilesAhead:
Well, I got as far as Developer Options->Do not shut off screen while charging.

So if I plug the charger in while on lock screen the charging animation shows with percentage charge.. for 5 seconds.  It is still there running but so dim I cannot see it.  So I have to tap the screen every time I want to know the percentage charge.  I see lots of phone owners complaining about this but apparently you need to buy a flagship phone for this stuff to work.  Really?

Deozaan:
So if I plug the charger in while on lock screen the charging animation shows with percentage charge.. for 5 seconds.  It is still there running but so dim I cannot see it.  So I have to tap the screen every time I want to know the percentage charge.
-MilesAhead (July 03, 2023, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're lucky. When I plug in my phone, the screen gets so dim I can't see it and I think it's turned off. If I think it's off and press the power button to see the screen, that actually turns it off. But if I remember that it's on and just touch the screen, that also turns it off for some reason... So either way I usually have to press the power button at least once to get the screen to turn on bright enough to see it.

MilesAhead:
So if I plug the charger in while on lock screen the charging animation shows with percentage charge.. for 5 seconds.  It is still there running but so dim I cannot see it.  So I have to tap the screen every time I want to know the percentage charge.
-MilesAhead (July 03, 2023, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're lucky. When I plug in my phone, the screen gets so dim I can't see it and I think it's turned off. If I think it's off and press the power button to see the screen, that actually turns it off. But if I remember that it's on and just touch the screen, that also turns it off for some reason... So either way I usually have to press the power button at least once to get the screen to turn on bright enough to see it.
-Deozaan (July 03, 2023, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

My previous phone would work with Battery Screensaver app.  After trial and error I got it working.  But it seems there is no screen saver mechanism now that they are doing this "always on" stuff.  When I run that app it just goes white because it can't find a screen saver I guess.  You would think a basic funtion like charging while locked would be much simpler to use.

On the tap turning your screen off look in Developer Settings and see if there is a "tap to toggle screen on and off" or something similar.

4wd:
Could try wandering through the wonderful world of hidden menus and see what's available:
https://technastic.com/oneplus-secret-codes-hidden-settings/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version