ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

i'd like to buy some discipline please.

<< < (2/9) > >>

nudone:
yes, good. you are right. i know i am doing more than what i have done in the past and it is certainly to do with the commitment to this experiment. i am just dissappointed i haven't yet become superman with the will power to match - so, things that i am beginning to lose interest in are becoming an ordeal.

i certainly cannot deny that i am more productive because of the experiment. i do not have moments of sitting around wondering what to do. i am still procrastinating but it seems it is better to be busy and do the wrong things rather than to do nothing at all.

jgpaiva:
i am still procrastinating but it seems it is better to be busy and do the wrong things rather than to do nothing at all.
-nudone (September 19, 2006, 05:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'd say that most definitelly it is. The most important is to have work method. If one has a work method, the only problem will be replacing the "wrong" work with the "right" work. And that's way easier than replacing rest (or shall i say boredom?) with "right" work!  ;)

tomos:
something else I'm trying this week is to plan my day (in great detail)

Its unsucsessful so far for the whole day, so I'm starting to break the day down into blocks of 2hrs & plan them one at a time (I'm on a break now so will shortly plan the next 2hrs)

One side of the page I have things I want to do today (including 4 x 30min blocks of the "Boringstuff"), also when I want to finish.
Other side I do the planning. I'm finding this good (the 2hr thing) cause it keeps things fresh.

I find in general I'm doing more things that are at least work-related (I mean as opposed to idle surfing or trying out that new whatever)

The most important is to have work method.
--- End quote ---
That one still needs a bit of "work" :)

urlwolf:
I'm spending way too much time comparing systems and reading around.
I think it'd be easier to do a 'shareware trial'...
For 30 days, just do 'to the letter' what the system says.
Do not try to add new stuff
Do not compare it with others
Believe it as if it was DOGMA

(I know this is tough. We are all trained, and like to, compare things and test hypotheses).

After 30-days of being a true believer... evaluate. Was it worth it? If yes, stick to the system. If not, uninstall from your brain. Try other things, or nothing at all.

That's all the discipline you'll need.

tomos:
I'm spending way too much time comparing systems and reading around.
I think it'd be easier to do a 'shareware trial'...
For 30 days, just do 'to the letter' what the system says.
Do not try to add new stuff
Do not compare it with others
Believe it as if it was DOGMA-urlwolf (September 19, 2006, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

That a big one for me as well - last week was a real struggle trying to work AND take in all this new stuff & reading different responses/variations from people in internet.
(This week is a struggle too for that matter)

But, I guess even if you pick ONE, you will probably have to adjust it to your needs ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version