ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sweet! Direct Folders 3.0 released :)

<< < (4/4)

alxwz:
Nope, FBX is doing it again: List full, everything new just seems to be counted as "<Path>\Desktop".
Sad, I liked the unobtrusive way it does things. Posted it to their forum although I'm not sure it's still alive.
Will have to look at the alternatives. Or go with XP's built-in function for recent files/folders (which stubbornly shows "most recent" in reversed order).

Am I the only one to find Direct Folders ugly?

JeffK:
I'm actually having trouble getting either product to work properly.  Direct Folders comes up with hieraglyphics for some folder names.  Should I expect it to work with Office '97?  JetStart starts but won't stay running???

Jeff
-JeffK (September 22, 2006, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

DesertEagle (aka Jeff, the author of Direct Folders) has sent me a fixed version of JetStart.  I haven't been able to try it yet as I couldn't download it at home.  I am now at work and have got it there.  I will be able to try it tonight, my time.  Thanks Jeff.  With a name like that I can't go wrong.

BTW the reason that I can't download at home is that my broadband connection is down.  The supplier to my ISP, a company called Veridas, has gone down (something to do with a management coup).  This has affected 90 ISP's like mine and 30,000 customers in Australia.  I should be back on line properly mid week, just in time to collect my winnings from the current software draw  ;).

Jeff

DesertEagle:
After a great deal of development work we have sadly concluded that it is not practical to adapt FileBox eXtender to work under Window Vista – the architecture is simply too different.
-http://www.hyperionics.com/files/
--- End quote ---

Not sure about much different architecture - I've implemented support for Vista today in a few hours :)

If you have Windows Vista, please test Direct Folders 3.12 http://www.codesector.com/ftp/dfolders.exe. Also added support for MS Office 97 and 2007 beta 2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version