ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Alomware Toolbox looks interesting with alot of tools

(1/5) > >>

sphere:
Anyone heard of or use AlomWare Toolbox? I am wondering what out there might have a similar feature set or if anyone has tried it and had positive or negative experiences with it?

I originally was looking into it because it will OCR screenshots using window’s native OCR, but then I noticed it has a lot of other neat features all bundled into a nice interface and a portable app. 

The website https://www.alomware.com/features.html does a better job describing the program features, but in short it consists of a:

Macro recorder and AHK like automation.
Clipboard history manager with text manipulations as well as a screenshot manager with OCR.  (I do like link Clipboard Help& Spell more)
File Explorer “power” user options with scripting, file search  and folder watching and file backup
PC Desktop State management
Calendar and Scheduler with scripting
Plain text notes with the option to encrypt
various other window tweaks

Folder watching seems like it offers versioning.    I am a longtime fan of portableapps, and I think you can bundle many applications to get a similar feature set, but I like how this is packaged and I think it looks intuitive enough that non-power users could use it and enjoy the benefits.

It is in beta.

BarryG:
I got a Google alert about this post. I am a user of this app and yes, it's very handy. No negative experiences that I've had. So yeah, just wanted to say it's worth it and I can recommend it. Ask me any questions if you like and I'll do my best to help.

[Edit] I just realised this sounds like a bot, but I'm not. Here's a screenshot to prove I really use it: [Removed as point proven].

rjbull:
Portable... yet wants your PC ID(s), which I take to be a hardware footprint.  I hate hardware footprints.

BarryG:
Hi rjbull. Before I first bought Toolbox, I contacted support about the PC ID and they replied that it's just a hardware hash that Toolbox generates and does not show any actual PC info, and is only needed if you want to pay for the software. Using the free trial doesn't involve a PC ID at all. Apparently it's just to stop sharing of a purchased unlock code with others, which makes sense from an anti-piracy standpoint.

Deozaan:
I just realised this sounds like a bot, but I'm not. Here's a screenshot to prove I really use it:
-BarryG (September 17, 2023, 05:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi BarryG, welcome to the site and thanks for your input!

For future reference, due to prior experience with images breaking over time, we prefer images to be attached and embedded in the post itself rather than linked externally. This way a year from now (or longer) the image will still work instead of becoming a dead link. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version