ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

LabelControl

<< < (2/5) > >>

chrisk:
no, unfortunately, still no answer...real pity, i took the people of donationcoder to be serious enough so i contributed (though i'm far from rich)...
oh well, hope never dies
chrisk

jgpaiva:
I can't answer all your questions, since it's skrommel's app, but i can help you with some stuff i noticed now that i tried labelcontrol.

LabelControl's settings dialog seems to have been made for enormous screens. This means that on some screens the dialog doesn't completelly appear. So, you have press alt+o to close and save the settings dialog.
Also, the "move mouse" option, when selected, makes the mouse move to the control you activate with the keyboard (using label control).

I don't know about the other question you made, since i don't know much about the way skrommel did this program, but i hope the answer to the other questions will help.

chrisk:
thanks jgpaiva, what a wonderful surprise!!

so:
got your pointer re the settings dialogue (is ""listviews" the last entry category?) and the "mouse" checkbox.

the really fundamental (and, i'm afraid, very pedestrian) question i have is this:
how does one enter, what does one enter, according to what rule/syntax etc, into the different settings dialogue categories (that's the way, isn't it, to control what one manages to activate, in a given app, from the keyboard).

two simple examples:
with the default settings, Labelcontrol activates in Opera9 nothing else but the page caption boxes...and, unfortunately, in view of the fact that Ctrl+xyz are "reserved" hotkeys in Opera, then proceeds to do all kinds of things (ie it cancels out Labelcontrol). what now?
another ex.:
in Foxmail, all kinds of "good" things can be activated, but not the toolbar buttons...what now?

let's start with these simple issues, please (no need, obviously, to focus on the examples i'm using here, just some direction on where i could read up on how to control Labelcontrol through the settings would be GREAT).

thanks for your help!
chrisk

jgpaiva:
is ""listviews" the last entry category?
-chrisk (November 07, 2006, 08:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have no idea..  ;D My screen is too small to see. Actually, by checking out the code, i conclude that there's still one more: "treeviews".

the really fundamental (and, i'm afraid, very pedestrian) question i have is this:
how does one enter, what does one enter, according to what rule/syntax etc, into the different settings dialogue categories (that's the way, isn't it, to control what one manages to activate, in a given app, from the keyboard).
-chrisk (November 07, 2006, 08:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
I belive that this isn't controllable per app, you just insert the controls you'd like to be able to use with the program. And i think that all the ones that exist are already there on the first launch. This means that  if something isn't detected, that's because ahk / LabelControl can't detect it (afaik).
If you'd like stuff not to be detected in opera, you'd have to make it not work for any app, as you can't choose in which apps this works. As for stuff not being detected on FoxMail, i'm sorry i can't help you since this is skrommel's program and i really don't know where'd get those values from...

chrisk:
jgpaiva,
hi again and thx.
let me please ask again: what do you mean by "just insert the controls you'd like to be able to use"??
(seems to me that this is the real crux here...even skrommel himself, in a way, asked this when he said "And if someone knows how to extract the buttons from toolbars, the contents of Internet Explorer windows, and more, please let me know!" in the original thread
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3179
)

'nother way of saying this:
what _are_ these entries in the settings dialogue??? how does one add to them, or take stuff out?
(as far as app specific settings not being possible is concerned, well, no problem for the moment...maybe later we'll discover ways)

thanks again, chrisk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version