ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Rename FOLDERS in hierarchy

<< < (3/4) > >>

publicdomain:
Victor, looking forward to your solution!
-nkormanik (February 18, 2023, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Nick, mine's basically what KZ's coded + an embedded LiteDB database for Undo.

I shall continue using your other opened thread so this one remains devoted to KZ's contribution  :Thmbsup:

nkormanik:
Victor, looking forward to your solution!-nkormanik (February 18, 2023, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
I am just curious while Vic is busy, ain't my app doing what you wanted it to do?
-KodeZwerg (February 19, 2023, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried your program many times on a number of folders.  If simple hierarchy, worked file.  Trouble was, seemed to do nothing on larger folder hierarchies.  Problem could be that the larger folders have path length issues, greater than 255 characters.  Bummer.  If that's the case, probably Victor will run into the same, and come up short.

Long folder/file path problem has plagued me forever.  Wish Windows didn't have the limitation.  What I'm wanting are just the files in the furthest branches.

KodeZwerg:
this one remains devoted to KZ's contribution  :Thmbsup:-publicdomain (February 19, 2023, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
:-*
Victor, looking forward to your solution!-nkormanik (February 18, 2023, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
I am just curious while Vic is busy, ain't my app doing what you wanted it to do?
-KodeZwerg (February 19, 2023, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried your program many times on a number of folders.  If simple hierarchy, worked file.  Trouble was, seemed to do nothing on larger folder hierarchies.  Problem could be that the larger folders have path length issues, greater than 255 characters.  Bummer.  If that's the case, probably Victor will run into the same, and come up short.

Long folder/file path problem has plagued me forever.  Wish Windows didn't have the limitation.  What I'm wanting are just the files in the furthest branches.-nkormanik (February 19, 2023, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Added an updated version that should be able to handle paths up to 32767 character length and if it fail a messagebox pops up.
If you are still having interest in my version, feel free to test and please send me an messagebox image since on my system i do not have such a long structure to test.
Old version was limited to 255 chars, you are correct!

KodeZwerg:
Fixed logical bug, I apology for that.

*updated
 - added version info (v0.0.0.2)
 - modified final dialog

Snapshot:
Rename FOLDERS in hierarchy

KodeZwerg:
v0.0.0.3 released

Introducing now custom length of digits per .ini file
Per default it is set to 5
If you are unhappy with that, open the included .ini file and adjust the number however you like
It is limited to a minimum of 1
[Options]
Digits=5
--- End quote ---
(If you delete the .ini file, 5 will be always used as default)

To me it is looking final now.
In theory it should be able to handle paths up to 32767 characters but still limited per level to 255 chars (that is Windows limit, not mine)
I hope to hear from you a positive result  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version