ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us your (physical) desktop

<< < (10/41) > >>

f0dder:
Looks nice - I'd still prefer two smaller screens, though.

By the way, you should position your keeberd (hm, that was supposed to be "keyboard" :-s) further towards the wall, so you can rest your arms on the table...

jgpaiva:
Looks nice - I'd still prefer two smaller screens, though.
-f0dder (January 11, 2007, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well... There are 2 reasons i chose this one:
as i have a laptop, i can't have more than one external monitor and
i prefer having an horizontally large screen to be able to see movies :) (of course it is a bit worse for work, though. i guess one of those that can rotate would be the best solution)

By the way, you should position your keeberd (hm, that was supposed to be "keyboard" :-s) further towards the wall, so you can rest your arms on the table...
-f0dder (January 11, 2007, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
maybe you should get yourself a new keeberd, that one doesn't look too good :P
You're right, the keyboard can't be that close to the edge, but that was a photo of the first day i had the screen. I'm now thinking about swithing places between the screen and the laptop, as the screen might be a bit too close to my eyes, right now.

mouser:
sweet  :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
So, here's the way i decided to keep it.
As you can see, the keyboard is a bit more away from me and with a better alignment. i decided to keep the big screen in my front, and brought back the picture that was on top of the other screen. as it can't be on top of the screen now, it's on the desk ;)
Also notice the 2 white dots (lame cell phone camera!) are my 2 DC mugs :D

PS: what f0dder mentioned got me wondering... There isn't any way to transform one VGA out into 2, is there? (i don't mean like a VGA splitter which would give the both images on the 2 sides, i mean as usb hubs, which give you an extra usb port)

f0dder:
I think App or Carol mentioned those gadgets a while ago... Anyway, first google result for "matrox vga split":
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripherals/matrox-vga-ysplitter-136081.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version