ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us your (physical) desktop

<< < (5/41) > >>

f0dder:
Funny I never made the connection with it looking like a Devil head. One thing about that I really disliked was that if you have the box on the floor the power button is just low enough that you can easily clip it with a chair wheel or your foot shutting the pc down. That said at least it wasn't the reset button you could accidently hit, that could really mess things up.
-Eóin (September 19, 2006, 07:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
Consider my angst when my mum bought a dog.

Lashiec:
I have a decent chair, with good arm support. Unfortunately, the arm support is not exactly flexible and I can't sit in relaxing position when I'm doing something trivial (like posting this text ;D). I've got to change the desk to something bigger to better accommodate the computer. I also thought about the two monitor system. Does it really make a difference?

f0dder:
I also thought about the two monitor system. Does it really make a difference?
-Lashiec (September 21, 2006, 06:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh yes!

I'd much rather have two monitors than one big. Things like maximizing your IDE on one monitor, and having other stuff (instant messaging, programming reference, ...) on the second is invaluable. It's also pretty nice when gaming, I can have fullscreen game on main monitor, and IM on the other.

mouser:
agreed, two monitors really does make a difference.  it lets you multitask in a nice way; maximized apps stay on their current monitor so its easy to keep things seperated.

Lashiec:
Hummm, I'll take a look at it when I change the computer (hopefully before Christmas), but I don't know if I have enough money for two monitors (I wanted to buy a decent computer, with ALL decent components, not like this one, with bad speakers, average soundcard...). Bah, I also can buy the 2nd monitor later :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version