ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us your (physical) desktop

<< < (4/41) > >>

Eóin:
Here the home system.

On the left is the main PC and on the right is the file server. Can't remember the specs of the main PC. The server is a P4 2.4Ghz and 512 ram.

This however is my alter

Its a reasonably decent Dual Core Athlon x64 3800, with 1Gb ram and Radeon X800 PIC Express graphics card. Not top of the range but it serves my purposes with having cost an arm and a leg. The monitor on the left is a Philips and has a really annoy in flicker problem if you move dark windows around the screen, Or if you scroll text :( . The one on the right is a Sony with X-black and really is my pride and joy, have never regretted buying it.

It's interesting to see how many other dual screen setups we have here, I don't think I could go back to living without it.

mouser:
my chair is horrible, and i've been on the hunt for a proper chair for a while, but haven't found an acceptable one in my price range.

jgpaiva:
my chair is horrible, and i've been on the hunt for a proper chair for a while, but haven't found an acceptable one in my price range.
-mouser (September 19, 2006, 05:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm very proud i finally managed to find the right chair, it was definitelly a huge difference in comfort. I think it's a good investiment since i spend almost my whole day sitting on it. My last one caused me both back and wrist problems. Remember: health doesn't have a price ;)

f0dder:
Eóin: I used to have one of the same casings as you, the purple on on the right in your first pic, for housing my Athlon700. Ever thought the reset/powerbutton/led thing looks like a demon head? :) Oh, and I had the same speakers as the ones in your second pic.

Eóin:
Funny I never made the connection with it looking like a Devil head. One thing about that I really disliked was that if you have the box on the floor the power button is just low enough that you can easily clip it with a chair wheel or your foot shutting the pc down. That said at least it wasn't the reset button you could accidently hit, that could really mess things up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version