ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

pc fasting (from lifedev.net)

(1/2) > >>

nudone:
i don't think this has been mentioned before...

pc fasting, i.e. limiting your time at the computer. productivity went up, etc, etc. makes a whole lot of sense to me - but then i tend to get away from the computer for a good few hours each night anyway.

here's the link if you are interested: http://lifedev.net/2006/09/computer-fast/

Eóin:
Hmm, link doesn't seem to be working at the mo. I must say in my case, internet fasting as opposed to complete pc fasting would probably up my productivity. The pc itself I think contributes more than it takes, I think.

nudone:
Hmm, link doesn't seem to be working at the mo. I must say in my case, internet fasting as opposed to complete pc fasting would probably up my productivity. The pc itself I think contributes more than it takes, I think.
-Eóin (September 15, 2006, 06:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

umm, just clicked on it. it was a bit slow but the page did appear ???????

mouser:
loads here now too (wasn't before)

mouser:
i've been thinking about some of these issues myself recently (am i spending too much time on email, etc?), related to working more efficiently.

i think one of the things we also really have to remind ourselves to ask is, what non-efficient stuff do i get PLEASURE from?  There are always going to be things we do inefficiently.  But if they give us some pleasure, they aren't nescesarily good targets for fixing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version