ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

Beta: fSekrit 1.2 needs bashing!

<< < (2/2)

ep:
The history.txt file states:

"- you can now specify a custom font. I haven't added a GUI setting for this,
  but it's tweakable from regedit. You can create font_face:string and
  font_size:dword values under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\flork\fSekrit .

I ran some tracing against the Registry, and it appears that it is looking for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\flork.dk\fSekrit and the Keys it's looking for are "fontface" and "fontsize" (no underscores).

It works fine once I make these modifications.  Great work!

allen:
I'm curious about why it's stored in the registry and not somewhere in the exe when it's rebuilt/saved?  It's not the end of the world, but I love the idea of totally self contained :)

f0dder:
ep: oops, thanks for pointing that out. The underscore'd names are the variable names I use in the code, forgot the registry names didn't have underscores. Thanks for pointing out, history.txt updated. flork vs. flork.dk was a stupid slip-up as well.

allen: registry was the easiest way, considering I don't (currently) have a font GUI picker. Also, I use a font not present on most machines (Jibz' wonderful Dina font, so for me it was logical to keep it as a registry setting. No, I will not support embedded fonts, too much code for what fSekrit is.

But I'm considering a GUI font picker, and might embed the font settings.

allen:
I certainly didn't/don't mean to promote embedded fonts, just settings -- if not via  gui, what if you simply made it possible to specify some settings in the text file itself, much the way wikis do.  Like if [font:courier] was line 1 of the file, use courier font.  Not real important, but an idea -- I just happen to loathe the registry :)

As for dina, which I myself use, I wouldn't mind an alternate download with it embedded so I could view the text in a familiar font even when away from home.  I certainly wouldn't want to bloat the primary fsekrit with an embedded font though. Its tiny-ness is one aspect of fsekrits beauty.

Other news--I've converted most of my fsekrit files to the current beta using import, have yet to run into any problems.

f0dder:
Version 1.2 has been released - so I'm closing this topic :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version