ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Newsreader programs

<< < (2/4) > >>

superboyac:
Thanks Z, I just tried out Newsleecher, and it is pretty cool.  I don't think I can commit to it because it has no ability for reading posts (unless I'm missing something).  But it seems great for binaries.  I will try Xnews next (is it me, or does Xnews look exactly like Agent?!).

KenR, thanks for the info on Agent.  You know what I realized?  I hadn't purged for probably over a year!  As soon as I did, my Agent was lighting fast.

I also want to try Newsbin Pro in more depth now.  There seems to be something drawing me to it's klunky interface.

superboyac:
Ugh...Newsbin has barely any post reading ability.  Dang, I was enjoying the quirky interface, too.  Looks like Agent is the perfect balance for me so far.  Next up...Xnews!

superboyac:
Xnews is pretty nice!  It definitely does have good post reading capabilities.  Can't say that I like the whole Windows 3.1 modular approach to the interface.  Reminds me of Pegasus email (which I used for years until switching to The Bat this year, thanks to DC).

I like the slew of options in XNews, looks extremely customizable.  And I like the statistical feedback you get from the program.  The interface though is a little downer.  Man, everything about this program reminds me of Pegasus email...it's free, it's really good for a free program, lots of options, quirky interface.  Deja vu!

housetier:
I either use Google Reader or Flock's integrated news reader.

Google Reader Screenshot: Newsreader programs
in Flock it looks like so: Newsreader programs

iphigenie:
I use xnews - it's fast, works both for online and offline reading.

Mostly i like the little touches - being able to configure things per newsgroup (from smtp setting to a different sig), for example - even though for many of those you need to dig in the config files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version