ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Internet Timer

<< < (2/2)

BGM:
Thanks, Shades for answering.  I was trying to get around buying anything.  I realize I could stick a switch or router between that computer and the network, but that was my last resort.  I was hoping more for some super-admin program I could install on the machine.

My query was more for known free software.

KodeZwerg:
The only other thing that could work would be to use your found app (theres an automated function included like i saw on screenshot) and let that app run per task sheduler on every system ...

x16wda:
Use a powershell to set the Internet proxy to a nonexistent black hole. Eg, use Psexec (or Paexec) to remotely run a command like netsh winhttp set proxy 127.0.0.1:8080. Set it up as a scheduled task.

BGM:
Ah, I actually got the user to promise.  That's the best solution, anyway!  People will surprise you sometimes - just gotta keep hoping for them.

sphere:
Ah, I actually got the user to promise.  That's the best solution, anyway!  People will surprise you sometimes - just gotta keep hoping for them.
-BGM (December 15, 2022, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well that does work.   I was going to suggest a router/swtich with its power plugged into a light timer set to the times you want :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version