ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

How to prevent data connection prompt on Android?

(1/2) > >>

Contro:
Android
I wish not receive any message with two buttons asking me if I wish to connect internet via data.
I don't want data connection
I don't want anyone asking me in android system for activating data. Specially when is easy miss the action and activate without notice.

How can I do that ?
 :-* :P

Shades:
You are aware that all you describe is purposely built into the Android operating system? As this is the part where the phone manufacturer and your telecom provider can make deals, luring you and your wallet into their money extraction setup.

Apple phones are not better or worse. In this regard, I mean.

If you absolutely don't want this, better start looking at phones that do not run on Android or iOS at all The PinePhone64 is conceptually a safer bet, as it runs on Linux. While the build quality is ok, it is not a 'looker' of a phone. And hardware specifications are not great. It is not really expensive either, if you can get them.

This data-hunger thing might not have been part of Android from the on-set, but nowadays, with its implementation in modern phones, it only considers your wallet as prime source of revenue, and the user-profile it can generate from you a (very decent) secondary revenue source. Oh yeah, it also provides a bit of mobile functionality as an afterthought.

Contro:
Yeap.
That is the answer I will usually receive.
And it is the power of the neoliberalism and the manipulation of masses. Big words of course.
The real thing is that we are forced to be slaves of the system.

4wd:
Remove or change the APN names if you can.

Probably won't stop the requests but it will stop connections to mobile data.

Contro:
Remove or change the APN names if you can.

Probably won't stop the requests but it will stop connections to mobile data.
-4wd (May 23, 2022, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Running to document and try. Best Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version