ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

Suggest Questions for our interview w/ David Allen (Getting Things Done Author)

<< < (2/2)

Arjen:
1.  [..] what do you recommend a person do to make sure he/she is concentrating enough time and energy on the things that are really important for quality of life?

2.  Is the GTD system compatible with the "First Things First" principles of Stephen Covey?  If so, can he explain how?

3.  Does he have any suggestions [..] for ways we can stay focused on the things that matter most to us?
-momonan (September 09, 2006, 09:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I second these questions!

Great to hear you'll be interviewing David Allen; any idea when?

Since we're doing this experiment to work out our own "system" that works best for us, it would be interesting to hear if David Allen has any tips, ideas or suggestions to guide us in this process.

Arjen.

tomos:
1.  In a system, like GTD, that focuses so much on random thoughts put into a "TODO" format, what do you recommend a person do to make sure he/she is concentrating enough time and energy on the things that are really important for quality of life?-momonan (September 09, 2006, 09:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

A variation on No. 1

1.  In a system, like GTD, that focuses so much on random thoughts put into a "TODO" format, what do you recommend a person do to make sure he/she is concentrating enough time and energy on the really important work things -
i.e.
you're getting the "little" things done, but you're not spending enough time on that (boring) WORK* that you're actually getting paid for.

*in my case "drawing" - it's not always boring but by god is it really boring when it is! - it could be anything, but when you're getting paid for that "Thing" & you're not getting it done you're in trouble.
I guess I'm thinking along the lines of self-motivation/discipline .... 

mouser:
great suggestions!

mouser:
The interview has now been conducted.  We've got 1hr 17min worth of raw audio to edit down to a reasonable size.  This month's podcast will consist solely of this interview.

urlwolf:
wow. Congrats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version