topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Please Assist with Forum Coder  (Read 2745 times)

tekknokat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Please Assist with Forum Coder
« on: May 13, 2022, 10:01 PM »

I have used Forum Coder off and on since 2020 when I need help, and my Windows 7 build died in a heap of steam and smoke.  I got a Windows 10 build to replace it, and ScreenCapture to ask for help.  I am extremely stupid and learning disabled made only worse by a local hospital refusing to give me oxygen when I had pneumonia a couple years ago, the result was I got stupider.

When I first installed the program I could use the quick-capture bar to take screenshots of problems and ask for help, show what the difficulty was.  Now when I take screnshots they are only 320 x 320 in size rather than fullscreen.  I used to be able to take full screen shots, and take limited size screenshots by moving the broken-line border until it covered the part of screen I wanted captured, and capturing that.  Now none of those options are available just a 320 x 320 random portion of screen that randomly captures any area of the screen without guidance or user control at all.   

When I woke up today it was like I was stupider than any day ever.  I tried to read the help and it made no sense at all, English was like a foreign language to me.  I went to the hospital to see if they could help with the brain fog, and they were no help at all. 

What happened to merely taking a fullscreen shot in Windows?  Was that disabled if we don't pay to use the app now?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Please Assist with Forum Coder
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 10:06 PM »
If you're talking about Screenshot Captor, let me start by saying that the program will never stop working or work in a reduced way based on whether you have a license or donate.  So something else is going wrong.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Please Assist with Forum Coder
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 02:20 AM »
Well, your description of the problem is good. Tell us, how exactly do you take the screenshot?
Tom