ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bought a color laser printer -- it's a game changer

<< < (3/3)

Shades:
And from Amazon or AliExpress I renounce to hard disks of 16 TB for 35 euros some time ago
-Contro (April 25, 2022, 01:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha, That is what the manufacturer of the HDD pays for the hardware parts that go in the drive and most of the electronics that go on the drive....if it was a 2 TByte drive. A 16 TB drive needs far higher grade electronics and much more specialized hardware for in the drive, using technologies that make it more difficult to produce, so only a limited set of production lines are capable of producing such drives.

So a much more specialized drive, produced in small numbers for a relatively small market (mostly datacenters, although I'm sure some people here in this forum have such capacity drives or larger ones at home) on offer on AliExpress for 35 Euros....

I sure hope you did not provide your credit card data to the persons behind that AliExpress offer, because they will lavish themselves from your funds. What was that saying again about fools and their money?

Contro:
And from Amazon or AliExpress I renounce to hard disks of 16 TB for 35 euros some time ago
-Contro (April 25, 2022, 01:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha, That is what the manufacturer of the HDD pays for the hardware parts that go in the drive and most of the electronics that go on the drive....if it was a 2 TByte drive. A 16 TB drive needs far higher grade electronics and much more specialized hardware for in the drive, using technologies that make it more difficult to produce, so only a limited set of production lines are capable of producing such drives.

So a much more specialized drive, produced in small numbers for a relatively small market (mostly datacenters, although I'm sure some people here in this forum have such capacity drives or larger ones at home) on offer on AliExpress for 35 Euros....

I sure hope you did not provide your credit card data to the persons behind that AliExpress offer, because they will lavish themselves from your funds. What was that saying again about fools and their money?
-Shades (April 25, 2022, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
:-\ Sure !!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version