topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 7:50 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Odd error in capturing, erroneous dialog text  (Read 2063 times)

jroman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Odd error in capturing, erroneous dialog text
« on: March 10, 2022, 01:19 PM »
Running Screenshot Captor v4.36.2 on Windows 10 Pro 21H1, I was just sent down a rabbit hole. When I took a screenshot the main window properly appeared, overlaid by a dialog telling me the shot could not be saved as the file could not be found. I was able to save the shot to my Desktop folder.

There had been a recent Windows update, so I chased around verifying that the Screenshot folder existed, that it had the proper access permissions, that SC was running under the right account, looked at the event logs, etc. No joy, all looked OK.

So, I restarted the computer. When SC auto-started, it popped up a dialog whose text is shown in the attached image. After closing the dialog I went to look at the preferences, also shown in the image and found the Screenshot folder unchanged. Then I took a capture, which worked as expected.

Don't know if this is somehow reproduceable, but SC got it's knickers in a twist somehow.

Screenshot - 3_10_2022 , 11_00_23.pngOdd error in capturing, erroneous dialog text