ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to check several sites daily with ease?

<< < (3/5) > >>

brotherS:
Thanks to all of you! I've read everything you wrote, followed the links, was inspired to another Google session, and finally found Distill.io Web Monitor, in my case for Chrome.

It comes with a learning curve, but I managed to figure it out... and I love it! :-* Because it's a browser extension, passwords aren't an issue. And since I use less than 25 'monitors', I don't have to pay for it. :)

Shades, you might want to take a look at Notifications for YouTube (Chrome extension).

BGM:
RSSOwl i liked much better, but that one didn't handle the amount of websites I track through RSS (including the YT channels, there are 109 feeds). So I looked for an alternative and also "landed" on QuiteRSS.
-Shades (February 12, 2022, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used RSSOwl but started having problems with it, too.  I didn't want to give it up.  QuiteRSS solves most problems and can handle a LOT of feeds without any issue at all.  It does have its occasional hangups, and the developer doesn't work on it too much, but it still gets a new version every now and then.  The biggest problem I find with it is sometimes the embedded browser doesn't load things, but that's okay since I can always load things in my regular browser with just a button-click.

Target:
could be I've missed something here but I'm wondering why a simple tab grouping option wouldn't be a better(?) option?

FWIW I have a similar use case but I use the Bulk URL Opener (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bulk-url-opener/kgnfciolbjojfdbbelbdbhhocjmhenep) xtn in Chrome.  Some require a login, but once they;ve been opened once I don't need to log in again during the day (should I revisit a site).

There are also xtn's that unload inactive pages or collapse multiple tabs to a single tab or 'menu' (saves RAM).

YMMV but why add another app when the functionality is built into the browser

app103:
I have a list of sites I visit, some daily, some weekly, and some monthly, and I don't want to forget to visit them (they give away free stuff). In order to ensure I do remember to visit them, I use a Notezilla note to automatically open them on a specific time & date, and it repeats daily, weekly, or monthly, as required. Since I always have Notezilla open any way, it doesn't use any extra resources that it wouldn't normally have already used.

If you have Notezilla or another sticky note app, or task scheduler, or anything else capable of opening a URL and scheduling it, that you normally use any way, that could be a good solution for you.

app103:
I also use RSS to keep track of YouTube Channels.
-Shades (February 12, 2022, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a locally installed Wordpress multisite (Bitnami) and use one of my sites to import Youtube videos, using a paid autoposting plugin (WP Automatic). Once I have watched a video, I just delete the post by clicking on the admin bar.

What is nice about using this plugin is that it can also automatically import videos by keyword, rather than from specific channels, OR by keyword from a specific channel or playlist. And it can import content from a lot of other sources, too, not just Youtube.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version