ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mobysaurus

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Mobysaurus Thesaurus - 1.0.55 - Jan 30, 2007

<< < (14/16) > >>

tide:
Thanks for the welcome, Anderson!

I just timed it. It took 31 seconds for "cold launch" and 10 seconds for relaunch and those are pretty much consistent. This is on a 2.6 GHz XP SP2 machine.

The Thesaurus is a really nice program - once it gets going!

Wordzilla:
I just timed it. It took 31 seconds for "cold launch" and 10 seconds for relaunch and those are pretty much consistent. This is on a 2.6 GHz XP SP2 machine.
-tide (January 21, 2007, 11:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's really not cool.. :( Sorry for the inconvenience, tide.

I'm looking into this performance issue right now; in the mean while, could you tell me how much memory do you have on your PC? (will def help me diagnose the problem)

Thanks!  :)

carlz:
The product is terrific!  Is there a way to start the application minimized-to-try, so that it can easily included in the startup group, and always be available?

Wordzilla:
The product is terrific!  Is there a way to start the application minimized-to-try, so that it can easily included in the startup group, and always be available?
-carlz (January 22, 2007, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks carlz, very nice suggestion! I have added the option to "auto-run and minimize-to-tray when windows starts". When you enable this option, the program adds a key to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run in your registry so it'll be auto-loaded next time Windows starts up. Likewise, if you disable the option (default disabled), the registry key will be removed.

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Mobysaurus Thesaurus - 1.0.55 - Jan 30, 2007

Check out the first post of this thread to get the download link of this new version.  :)

Just a thought:
I tend not to recommend allowing Mobysaurus Thesaurus to auto-start with Windows because it may slow down Windows system startup.
Read topic Speed Up Mobysaurus Thesaurus Startup to see why.  :)

And the option does not imply that the program automatically goes to tray every time you minimize/close it. For that, you'll need to check "Minimize to tray" and/or "Close to tray" in options.

Thanks again!  :Thmbsup:

- anderson

Cavalcader:
I have added the option to "auto-run and minimize-to-tray when windows starts". When you enable this option, the program adds a key to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-Mobysaurus (January 22, 2007, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's a neat idea, but why not just use the StartUp folder for more user control? The reg "run" key is more for security software or stuff that might have negative side effects when it's not running. (It also starts a little earlier in the login process.)

On the flip side, the StartUp folder lets you temporarily bypass running those items at login (shift key) and you can drag & drop items in and out to change their behavior. The shortcut properties sheet also lets you specify whether to start minimized, maximized, or "normal". What would the benefit be of a registry-based start? ;)

BTW, HKCU is usually better than HKLM unless you need one local account to make the loading decision for all accounts. Again, it takes away a layer of control for the individual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version