ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mobysaurus

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Mobysaurus Thesaurus - 1.0.55 - Jan 30, 2007

<< < (13/16) > >>

Curt:
- post deleted, old version in mind -Curt (January 12, 2007, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
- No, the miss-feature is still there, but I was temporally confused by some talk of "Double click to search".

Please include the mouse in the hotkey settings!

Point the cursor to the word, and press a button & click the mouse
- it is easier and faster, says this long time Babylon user  :up:

Wordzilla:
- post deleted, old version in mind -Curt (January 12, 2007, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
- No, the miss-feature is still there, but I was temporally confused by some talk of "Double click to search".

Please include the mouse in the hotkey settings!

Point the cursor to the word, and press a button & click the mouse
- it is easier and faster, says this long time Babylon user  :up:

-Curt (January 12, 2007, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good idea. On-screen character recognition has always been one of the features i want to add to moby, however it seems v tricky to me and I'm not sure how to code it.  :(

Cavalcader:
On-screen character recognition has always been one of the features i want to add to moby, however it seems v tricky to me and I'm not sure how to code it. -Mobysaurus (January 14, 2007, 05:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
One idea might be to just send a doubleclick to the active window at the current pointer location. That'd select the word in most programs -- then all you have to do is copy it to the clipboard. OCR might be overkill for that particular functionality. :)  Actually, the user could doubleclick the word desired (so that clicks aren't accidentally sent to the wrong place) and Moby could do the rest, but a <hotkey>-click might be pretty neat.

tide:
Am I the only one experiencing this? Mobysaurus takes just about forever to start up.

Wordzilla:
Am I the only one experiencing this? Mobysaurus takes just about forever to start up.
-tide (January 21, 2007, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hello tide and welcome to our forum!  :)

It's not uncommon for a .NET application (like Mobysaurus Thesaurus) to take quite some time starting up when you *first* launch it (cold startup) after turning on your PC, or re-launch it after you have it closed for a long while.

Usually for me its cold startups take about 10-15 secs and 2 secs for warm startups afterwards.

Same to all .NET assemblies, the Mobysaurus Thesaurus executables cannot be started "straight away", they store "temporary code", in other words. Your operating system actually first loads .NET Framework components (the translator) into the memory and they will further compile the original assemblies to native code that will specifically run on your PC. So it would take longer for a .NET app to start up; and if Mobysaurus Thesaurus is usually the first .NET program to run on your PC, there are gonna be quite some hard disk activities during the launch because the system has to load all these .NET framework components into memory for the first time before any actual "temporary code" translation can begin.

Anyway, "excuses" aside :P, definitely not looking good if it takes "forever" for you to start it up. :(  Hmmm, how long does it usually take and  does it start up like a turtle in a coma every time, if I may ask?

Thanks!  :Thmbsup:

- anderson

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version