ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mobysaurus

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Mobysaurus Thesaurus - 1.0.55 - Jan 30, 2007

<< < (8/16) > >>

cranioscopical:
I will try a couple of other firewalls in a bit and see if they alert and also cause Moby to crash
--- End quote ---
FWIW this doesn't happen with 1.036 if I forbid access (using Sygate.)

Defenestration:
Just tried it with KIS 6 build 406 Anti-Hacker and I get no alert or crash when starting Moby, so I guess LnS has a problem with .NET apps. I'll report the problem to the LnS author.

Cavalcader:
Tried Outpost firewall 4.0.969.7020 (584) and if the system's loaded down it doesn't let Moby through, so I get either
[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

or

[attachimg=#2][/attachimg]

Then it got through, and I saw

[attachimg=#3][/attachimg]

No problems from Moby. :) (Dunno about the difference between the two initial dialogs, though.)

Defenestration:
The problem lies with Moby. It makes a local connection to listen on any ports, and when this is denied it causes Moby to crash.

http://cjoint.com/data/kBaO64QHyo.htm

Wordzilla:
The problem lies with Moby. It makes a local connection to listen on any ports, and when this is denied it causes Moby to crash.
-Defenestration (October 26, 2006, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

hmm.. that's a bit intriguing. Coz afaik strictly 100% of all code blocks related to online updating are protected head-to-toe against unhandled exceptions, which means nothing would cause moby to crash by itself.  :)

btw, what firewall was that in the screenshot?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version