ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mobysaurus

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Mobysaurus Thesaurus - 1.0.55 - Jan 30, 2007

<< < (5/16) > >>

Wordzilla:
I get nothing when I use the hotkey combination (selected as Ctrl+Alt+A and enabled). I've tried in Word as well as FF as you have suggested but nada! Could there be an issue because I installed Moby as a user with limited privileges?
-cemole (October 15, 2006, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's strange since I tested it on my other laptop w/o seeing any problem. :(
It seems to me unlikely that the user privilege thing's getting in the way, but could you try installing it as administrator? :)

btw, if anybody else experiences this problem, post here and let us know, thanks!

cemole:
That's strange since I tested it on my other laptop w/o seeing any problem. :(
It seems to me unlikely that the user privilege thing's getting in the way, but could you try installing it as administrator? :)
-Mobysaurus (October 16, 2006, 12:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, apparently something else was blocking the keyboard combination. I changed it Ctrl + Alt + Q and it worked. Sorry for something that isn't.

Wordzilla:
Well, apparently something else was blocking the keyboard combination. I changed it Ctrl + Alt + Q and it worked. Sorry for something that isn't.
-cemole (October 16, 2006, 04:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hah, probably it was my fault in part. Moby 1.0.30 only registers hotkey once (when u start the program or activate another hotkey), so if you have Moby running and launch another program which registers the same key combination - the hotkey will no longer work for Moby.

I coded v1.0.35 to renew its system hotkey registration periodically.  :)

Wordzilla:
I'm a bit excited about this new "Suggest Roots" tab in v1.0.35.  8)

Basically, it performs a full-text search into the database, displaying whatever entries that contain the search input - as simple as it sounds.

It allows you to drop in almost any word that comes to your mind first, and let the program find appropriate roots. After that you just pick one or more roots to start with. It really saves a lot of time spent thinking "what would be the best root".

For example, I have this "fancy talk" word in my mind right and nah - it's not a root/headword, so in this case, I have to think and think again for a more general term related to "fancy talk" which hopefully is a root and therefore will show more synonyms for "fancy talk". A fair amount of time could be wasted during this and sometimes it gets frustrating.

Now we have "Suggest Roots"!

e.g., suggested roots for "fancy talk": big talk, bullshit, buncombe, bunk, bunkum, fish story, gas, hot air, tall story

mouser:
cool !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version