ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mobysaurus

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Mobysaurus Thesaurus - 1.0.55 - Jan 30, 2007

<< < (4/16) > >>

Wordzilla:
I think the dates on the update are off :) Today is the 23rd!
-cemole (September 23, 2006, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you!  :Thmbsup:  Silly mistake of mine, how embarassing... LOL  :-[

Cavalcader:
Silly mistake of mine, how embarassing... LOL
--- End quote ---
Yeah! You're not allowed to be human -- what in the world were you thinking? ;D

cemole:
Hi Mobysaurus,

I have a problem with the hotkey: I can't get it to work. My understanding is that it can either be used to search for a word in Moby T or start-up the application. Is this correct? I've tried different combinations of keys and enabled it (of course) to no avail.

Also another minor thing although it can be frustrating. Whenever the program has to launch a browser, it's always Internet Explorer instead of my default application (Firefox). I've checked my settings and have Firefox set as my default application. I don't have this problem with any other application either. Any suggestions why this might be happening?

Are you planning on maybe including the ability for user's to add their own words/definitions/dictionaries etc. to the Moby T. database?

Wordzilla:
I have a problem with the hotkey: I can't get it to work. My understanding is that it can either be used to search for a word in Moby T or start-up the application. Is this correct?
-cemole (October 13, 2006, 12:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, largely my fault for not yet having any documentation published.  :P  (Been too busy visiting folks these week, and hope I can catch up with my regular moby work asap.)

The hotkey (default Ctrl+Alt+A) is for you to show moby when it's minimized in the tray or not being the active window, in other words, you must have Moby running to use the key combinations.

And it's not used to lookup a word inside the Moby program, but words in other programs (like Word) other than Moby.

For example, let's say I have Moby minimized in the tray now, and am editing this post on DC forum in Firefox. I select a word here from my editing window and press the hotkey, then Moby pops up from the tray area and automatically shows me synonyms for the word I selected. (without having me to first copy the word to clipboard, then call Moby manually from tray and paste the word into the search box and click enter.)

I got the idea from WordWeb and it's been saving me a lota time.  ;)

Also another minor thing although it can be frustrating. Whenever the program has to launch a browser, it's always Internet Explorer instead of my default application (Firefox). I've checked my settings and have Firefox set as my default application. I don't have this problem with any other application either. Any suggestions why this might be happening?
--- End quote ---

FF's also my default browser (abs. no favor over IE here 8)) but I can't seem to reproduce the problem you mentioned on my PCs. Lemme look into it thou.

Are you planning on maybe including the ability for user's to add their own words/definitions/dictionaries etc. to the Moby T. database?
--- End quote ---

It'd be great if Moby allows the user to make additions/changes to the db some time. I know this feature is a must but don't yet have a detailed plan for it. It seems to me a somewhat complicated process since you have to validate user's inputs, protect the database from corruption, index mods and new entries, etc.

Btw, the Moby database is to be updated every month from November on, based on the changes we make on WordZilla.org. If you are interested, just register as a wiki user on the site and make changes to whichever entry you want, v easy.  :)

cemole:
The hotkey (default Ctrl+Alt+A) is for you to show moby when it's minimized in the tray or not being the active window, in other words, you must have Moby running to use the key combinations.

And it's not used to lookup a word inside the Moby program, but words in other programs (like Word) other than Moby.

For example, let's say I have Moby minimized in the tray now, and am editing this post on DC forum in Firefox. I select a word here from my editing window and press the hotkey, then Moby pops up from the tray area and automatically shows me synonyms for the word I selected. (without having me to first copy the word to clipboard, then call Moby manually from tray and paste the word into the search box and click enter.)
-Mobysaurus (October 15, 2006, 04:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I get nothing when I use the hotkey combination (selected as Ctrl+Alt+A and enabled). I've tried in Word as well as FF as you have suggested but nada! Could there be an issue because I installed Moby as a user with limited privileges?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version