ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mobysaurus

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Mobysaurus Thesaurus - 1.0.55 - Jan 30, 2007

<< < (3/16) > >>

Wordzilla:
No, it's current -- WW 4.5a, but it's been upgraded over the years, so (good catch!) it is in system32 (XP Pro SP2). Betcha other folks will get snagged on that one too. I went ahead and moved mine -- thanks for the tip!-Cavalcader (September 18, 2006, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

hehe, I really shouldn't have you digg into your system32 folder and drag that file out, already 3,000 files out there, not fun!  ;D

Fixed in v1.0.22 Beta.

BTW, it's really cool that you pass WW the current/active word -- please do consider assigning a hotkey to the WW menu item. :)  It's very classy too that it offers to take you to download the latest version if it doesn't find it installed.
-Cavalcader (September 18, 2006, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually there is a top-secreeet one - SHIFT + ENTER

Have been shamelessly keeping this to myself coz the online documentation is not completed yet.  :P

Oh, here's a thought: please think about a way to see if WW is already running (right now it just opens a new instance). Not a huge problem, but I tried it just to see. 8)  Here're some details:
-Cavalcader (September 18, 2006, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks! That's so thoughtful of you! I couldn't manage to get it work well with Moby this way but -

Check out the latest Beta and tell me if you think Moby offers more than that.  ;)

Cavalcader:
hehe, I really shouldn't have you digg into your system32 folder and drag that file out, already 3,000 files out there, not fun!
--- End quote ---
Ehh, not a problem. :)  Just type the first few letters of the DLL and there it is. Besides, it's only about 2100, unless you count subdirs, in which case it's over 7k. Heh!

Fixed in v1.0.22 Beta.
--- End quote ---
Thanks! That should eliminate a bunch of yells for help.  ;D

Actually there is a top-secreeet one - SHIFT + ENTER
Have been shamelessly keeping this to myself coz the online documentation is not completed yet.
--- End quote ---
Ah hah! How rude. :P  Works great, thanks!

I couldn't manage to get it work well with Moby this way but -
Check out the latest Beta and tell me if you think Moby offers more than that.
--- End quote ---
That looks like a good solution -- I checked to make sure it doesn't close any WW windows it didn't open, and it does pay attention to that as well. Great job! :Thmbsup:

Wordzilla:
OK, after a series of rapid-fire updates, guess it's good time to work on the documentation stuff, and of course - the online collaborative Moby! :graduate:

http://thesaurus.mobyword.com (still under construction, thou all Moby entries have been wikized, so try searching some words)

:feedback:

Cavalcader:
Looks nice so far -- did a search on thesaurus.  :D  It matches the offline version, but there's some unusual synonyms for that particular word! Entry ID: 26661 (Please DO NOT MODIFY this Tracking ID)

Root: thesaurus

Synonyms:

* armory
    * arsenal
    * biographical dictionary
    * cache
    * chemical dictionary
    * desk dictionary
    * dialect dictionary
[...]
    * dictionary of quotations
    * electronics dictionary
[...]
    * foreign-language dictionary
    * gazetteer
    * general dictionary
    * geological dictionary
[...]
    * rhyming dictionary
    * science dictionary
[...]
    * unabridged dictionary
--- End quote ---
Also, I'm guessing there'll be a color code for the results that just hasn't been posted yet?

cemole:
I think the dates on the update are off :) Today is the 23rd! Also the version on the Donationcoder homepage is 1.0.27. I wouldn't be surprised that Mobysaurus has that ready to go actually judging by the way he updates Moby T. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version