topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:34 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Shortcuts software  (Read 4186 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Shortcuts software
« on: June 19, 2021, 04:51 AM »
I remember I have a lot of software from this forum to create links, hyperlinks, shortcuts. ....

Now I would like :
Software able to search for microsoft word files (doc, docx) according to rules by its name or location (folder, subfolder, name pattern, creation date, ....) . So filter those files. Then create shortcuts in a target indicated folder.

Do you know a free good one ? May be a code snack ?
Best Regards
 :-* :P

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shortcuts software
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 05:17 PM »
Not quite what you asked for, but both FileSeek (Binary Fortress) and SearchMyFiles (Nir Sofer) are file finders that can display their results as HTML files, with the results being clickable links that will open in your default DOCX program.  SearchMyFiles is free; FileSeek has both free and payware versions.  You need the payware one to export as HTML, but it's only $15 for a lifetime (all future releases) license, there's a discount if you already own a license for another Binary Fortress software, and it's sometimes been on Bits du Jour.

resized_2021-06-19_230630.jpgShortcuts software
resized_2021-06-19_231139.jpgShortcuts software
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 05:22 PM by rjbull »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 05:43 AM »
Not quite what you asked for, but both FileSeek (Binary Fortress) and SearchMyFiles (Nir Sofer) are file finders that can display their results as HTML files, with the results being clickable links that will open in your default DOCX program.  SearchMyFiles is free; FileSeek has both free and payware versions.  You need the payware one to export as HTML, but it's only $15 for a lifetime (all future releases) license, there's a discount if you already own a license for another Binary Fortress software, and it's sometimes been on Bits du Jour.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
[ Invalid Attachment ]
running to try  :-* :P

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 05:46 AM »
Initially I don't see the option to create the shortcut to a folder of my election. I tried with SearchMyFiles.
 :-[

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 11:19 AM »
The idea is create the shortcuts of the found files in a folder.
So I have the files in the initial location, but I will able to process scanning the folder with the shorcuts.

:-* :P

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 11:53 AM »
It's fairly easy (using Everything here) to search for filetype, sort by date and Alt+drag somewhere to create shortcuts.
Updating with new files is probably more difficult, you would have to keep track of what date you last did it...
Tom

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 03:30 AM »
It's fairly easy (using Everything here) to search for filetype, sort by date and Alt+drag somewhere to create shortcuts.
Updating with new files is probably more difficult, you would have to keep track of what date you last did it...
You are a genious  :-* :P

Best Regards

janice16

• Participant
  • Joined in 2022
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 03:09 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am very new to this forum and i want to get the news and updates of address book software via this forum. I’m looking forward to knowing something or sharing something about software.