ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > PublicDomainVic

Prepend Numbers, Serially, To Desktop Items Selected

<< < (2/3) > >>

BGM:
Are you coding in Autohotkey?  I've written this code before, and for files, in fact.

publicdomain:
Hello & good day BGM!

Are you coding in Autohotkey?-BGM (January 21, 2022, 05:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

C#, "traditional" exe.

I've written this code before, and for files, in fact.-BGM (January 21, 2022, 05:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

By all means, feel free to post it here!

Cheers :Thmbsup:

BGM:
hee hee, how's this?

--- Code: Autohotkey ---;adds numbering to existing textNumberLines(whatstring){        newstring := ""        Loop, parse, whatstring, `n        {                newstring := newstring . a_index . a_tab . a_loopfield        }        return newstring}

Nod5:
That's a super duper niche request ;D Seems like a very small set of people who need to incrementally prefix rename desktop icons in horizontal order often enough that starting a dedicated tool could save them time compared to doing it manually?

A tip if anyone goes for it: There are existing functions in the AutoHotkey forums for getting filepaths from selected Desktop files and also for getting the X Y position of all Desktop icons. Use both to find the horizontal order.

nkormanik:
Agree.  I was mostly venting.  Frustration at Windows not having as many whiteboard-like desktops as user desires.

Vic! has bigger fish to fry.

He's definitely a trooper, though.  Amazing guy....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version