ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Powershell Script to block certain part of the screen like the taskbar

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
re welcome
-MilesAhead (December 09, 2021, 09:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
thanks you very for chiming in, then I will use it with taskbar visible and locked if I must, is it possible to see the code for your freeware?
-Etanoder (December 12, 2021, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have no objection to you reading the code.  But I did it in AutoIt3 and there are many reusable routines scattered across a bunch of include files.  Since I am on a hiatus from programming I have the code in online storage with only links on my Laptop.  The Lappy has only 32 GB of storage so I eliminated local copies as a space saving measure.  But you could probably find example code online in forums dedicated to PowerShell.  The call to set the work area is not that complicated.  It is just that I forget which files load what others.  The upside of using include files is reusable code but the downside is including one file may actually chain in a bunch of others and it can be messy.

A stand alone example is probably your best bet.

Edit:  Now that I think of it I believe only the setting "auto hide the taskbar" causes the screen resolution to be given as the work area.  The "lock the taskbar" setting has no effect on the reported work area info.  It has been years since I wrote these utilities.   :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version