ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Create ini from content folder : shortcuts, folders, any first level file.

<< < (12/13) > >>

publicdomain:
Hello! Just wanted to mention the reason this is unsolved is simple: I don't have Visual Studio on my Linux development computer. This is one of the edge cases where no library did the job.

Sorry to Contro (We tried to make things work using VS on his Machine via PM). The program is 99%, only need a developer to follow the instructions on:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9414152/get-target-of-shortcut-folder

Sincere apologies! I don't know when I am going to have a Windows 10 development computer again... for the time being, I am doing as much as I can to be helpful to the DC community with my Linux / Windows 7 setup.

Thanks!

publicdomain:
P.S. I'm aware of AHK's FileGetShortcut.

It is possible to use AHK as a link library of sorts yet due to licensing issues I usually avoid the GPL license covering AHK. I prefer MIT or other more-permissive license, given I release code with CC0 Universal myself...

In all honesty, a traditional AHK script serves Contro better in terms of simplicity :)

publicdomain:
P.S. I'm aware of AHK's FileGetShortcut.
-publicdomain (April 11, 2022, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay! I'm currently modifying the program to use Autohotkey as the .lnk library while avoiding GPL issues.

Let's try again to get this from 99% to 100% to finish the job & call it a completed release :Thmbsup:

publicdomain:
... to use Autohotkey as the .lnk library while avoiding GPL issues.
-publicdomain (April 11, 2022, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Done! Now coding the AHK script to translate using FileGetShortcut & release :up:

publicdomain:
Now coding the AHK script ...
-publicdomain (April 13, 2022, 04:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Done!

--- Code: Autohotkey ---FileGetShortcut, %1%, OutTargetstdout := FileOpen("*", "w")stdout.Write(OutTarget)
Release + easy-to-follow instructions next :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version