ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2022

NANY 2022 Release: sSpeedtest

<< < (3/4) > >>

tomos:
version 1.0.2 build 1-tomos (January 05, 2022, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you running from a UAC protected folder?  If so, does running as Admin help?
-skwire (January 05, 2022, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
So, I had the same problem on two win 10 machines
Both running from C:\Portable\sSpeedtest

It seems that where you have to approve on first run (by typing "yes") -- there's actually two questions there. I dont know do you have to answer yes to both -- but on the first attempt (laptop) I missed the second question and closed the window. sSpeedtest is not working there, even when run as admin. Even if I delete the install and start again, I dont get that command window any more -- the info must be saved somewhere?

Now, on the other machine (desktop) I noticed the second question and answered (yes) -- this one works when run as admin.
Thanks for the programme :up:

skwire:
It seems that where you have to approve on first run (by typing "yes") -- there's actually two questions there. I dont know do you have to answer yes to both -- but on the first attempt (laptop) I missed the second question and closed the window.-tomos (January 06, 2022, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Two questions?  I only ever saw one, like this:

NANY 2022 Release: sSpeedtest

Do you recall what the second question was?

sSpeedtest is not working there, even when run as admin. Even if I delete the install and start again, I dont get that command window any more -- the info must be saved somewhere?-tomos (January 06, 2022, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Correct, I had to do a bit of sleuthing to find it.  You can find that here:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Ookla\Speedtest CLI\speedtest-cli.ini

--- Code: Text ---[Settings]LicenseAccepted=604ec27f828456331ebf441826292c49276bd3c1bee1a2f65a6452f505c4061c
I've only seen it contain that one entry.  You can safely delete the file because sSpeedtest looks for that entry on every run.  If it's not there, sSpeedtest should pop up the message box stating you need to accept the EULA on the popup, blah, blah.  =]

Now, on the other machine (desktop) I noticed the second question and answered (yes) -- this one works when run as admin.
Thanks for the programme :up:-tomos (January 06, 2022, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  I hope to get it working on both systems for you.  =]

tomos:
First we get the message re EULA acceptance,
Then:

--- Code: Text ---============================================================================== You may only use this Speedtest software and information generatedfrom it for personal, non-commercial use, through a command lineinterface on a personal computer. Your use of this software is subjectto the End User License Agreement, Terms of Use and Privacy Policy atthese URLs:         https://www.speedtest.net/about/eula        https://www.speedtest.net/about/terms        https://www.speedtest.net/about/privacy ============================================================================== Do you accept the license? [type YES to accept]:
once you type YES, the following shows:

--- Code: Text ---License acceptance recorded. Continuing. ============================================================================== Ookla collects certain data through Speedtest that may be consideredpersonally identifiable, such as your IP address, unique deviceidentifiers or location. Ookla believes it has a legitimate interestto share this data with internet providers, hardware manufacturers andindustry regulators to help them understand and create a better andfaster internet. For further information including how the data may beshared, where the data may be transferred and Ookla's contact details,please see our Privacy Policy at:        http://www.speedtest.net/privacy ============================================================================== Do you accept the license? [type YES to accept]:
I reckon this second part is due to regulations here in the EU.

Note:
it will only work if you accept both (2 x "YES")
Now works when run as Admin on both machines -- thanks for your help skwire :up:

skwire:
I reckon this second part is due to regulations here in the EU.-tomos (January 06, 2022, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

And I reckon you're right.  I'll add some verbiage around that in the 1.0.3 updated coming here shortly.  In the meantime, can you verify that there is only the one entry still in the speedtest-cli.ini file?

tomos:
can you verify that there is only the one entry still in the speedtest-cli.ini file?
-skwire (January 06, 2022, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, only one entry (as per your example above)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version