ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2022

NANY 2022: DateAdder

<< < (2/2)

Tuxman:
As a long-time member of DonationCoder has declared that publishing the source code of an application effectively ends my copyright on that application, I removed all references to the source code from this NANY entry. Future contributions will be closed source as well. I am not interested in having my copyright violated just because I published my software in good faith.

wraith808:
As a long-time member of DonationCoder has declared that publishing the source code of an application effectively ends my copyright on that application, I removed all references to the source code from this NANY entry. Future contributions will be closed source as well. I am not interested in having my copyright violated just because I published my software in good faith.
-Tuxman (January 10, 2022, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow... that's an escalation, and of course your option. It was a conversation in good faith, and you take it to this extreme to try to prove a point? Quite mature conversational skills indeed.

Tuxman:
Denying someone's right to define what other people are allowed to do with his software by explicitly stating a license and claiming that a developer does not own an application anymore when he decides to publish the source code - which literally contains the word "copyright" - is not a "conversation in good faith". Note that you are not the culprit here.

I will not discuss this in more than one thread. No more source code for you, folks. If you don't want to respect the license, you won't get a chance to disrespect it anymore.

wraith808:
Denying someone's right to define what other people are allowed to do with his software by explicitly stating a license and claiming that a developer does not own an application anymore when he decides to publish the source code - which literally contains the word "copyright" - is not a "conversation in good faith". Note that you are not the culprit here.

I will not discuss this in more than one thread. No more source code for you, folks. If you don't want to respect the license, you won't get a chance to disrespect it anymore.
-Tuxman (January 10, 2022, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Has anyone disrespected your license? Or even said you don't have a license? He just said the TOS on the service said he gives up certain aspects of the hosting of said software. But you do you.

Deozaan:
Hi Tuxman,

That is not what I said, nor is it what I meant, and I think you are intelligent enough to understand the difference between what I actually said and what you are claiming I said. It saddens me to see you mischaracterize me in such a way.

Be well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version