ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS not ignoring my application...

(1/1)

kunkel321:
Hi Mouser,
I may have found a bug(?) 
I have a tool written in AutoHotkey that does some automated pasting from the clipboard.  I'm trying to make CHS ignore the application.   The actual executable is "MultTool.exe" but in Windows Task Manager, it shows up as "AutoHotkey Unicode 64-bit."  I put both of those and also "AutoHotkey.exe" in the exclusion list, then restared CHS.  No joy though...  The clipboard items still show up in my clip list...

Ideas? 

CHS not ignoring my application...

EDIT:  I also added "AutoHotkey Unicode 64-bit.exe"  Still no joy.

mouser:
CHS expects the ignore list to be just the filename with its extension, so AutoHotkey.exe looks right.
One thing that I wonder based on a similar post recently, is whether CHS might not be being smart enough about ignoring the data put on by a previous app once another becomes active.  It *SHOULD* be smart enough for this but this report and the previous one are making me think I need to go back and check.

You'll note at the bottom of your secreenshot that CHS is reporting the last app IT saw, so if you can activate/switch to your MultiTool and then immediately to CHS and look at that field, maybe it will give us a clue?

kunkel321:
Yep -- You were right.  Adding the target application to the list did the trick.  As it turns out, MultiTool (by design) waits for the previously active window to be active again before it types and/or pastes its content.  I'll have to think about this...  I use the tool mostly for entering text into a particular webapp database and into outlook emails.  I'm not sure if I want to exclude Chrome and Outlook though. 

Thanks for the helpful and fast reply Mouser!

side note:  This is the tool that I am submitting for NANY 2022  :P

EDIT Here's the file name BTW
%filename% = MultiTool.exe
%windowtitle% = MultiTool
%fullfilename% = MultiTool.exe
%description% = MultiTool.exe
%fileversion% =
%ActiveWindowInternalName% = MultiTool.exe
%ActiveWindowHandle% = 4266044
%company% =
%productname% = MultiTool.exe
%versionstring% =
%nicename% = MultiTool.exe
%ActiveWindowBrowserUrl% =
Previous active window filename = chrome.exe
--- End quote ---

I see that CHS remembers the Previous active window.  If the rule was (prevfilename = MultiTool.exe AND filename = chrome.exe) then maybe.  IDK.  NO big deal.   8)

EDIT LATER:  I renamed the NANY project....  Rather than the lofty designation "MultiTool," I'm calling it WayText.   :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version