ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Yet another Hotkey app!

(1/4) > >>

zridling:
Although I've moved on to AutoHotkey which does far more, HotKeyz is freeware and perhaps the best of the rest of the targeted hotkey apps. Good interface design, lots of flexibility included for creating the widest variety of hotkeys (I call them "keyboard shortcuts," although that technically applies to keys within apps), and options available to make sure your keys are accurate and unconflicted. It even does hotstrings, which is great. Check it out if you're looking for a hotkey app.

Darwin:
Nice - thanks for the pointer. I've been looking at a lot of these applications lately, I'll add this on to the list.

TucknDar:
What, Darwin?! You on some sort of mission to reply to all the orphaned topics out there!?

Darwin:
What, Darwin?! You on some sort of mission to reply to all the orphaned topics out there!?
-TucknDar (September 08, 2008, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Busted... :-[

I gave it up because I realised (after about 15 posts - I'm a quick study) that I was replying to posts that really didn't require any reply, either because they are so out of date or because... well.. they just don't need replies  :o

yksyks:
Thanks for heads up, anyway, there's a new version available. I was using Hotkeyz previously and referred about it in this forum, too. If somebody is interested in these applications, I later switched to HotkeyP, which is faster, lighter on resources and in my opinion has more capabilities. It just lacks the option of creating application specific shortcuts, which I don't need. On the other hand, unlike Hotkeyz, it can easily handle special media keys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version