ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Vivaldi - add buttons to panel?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Target:
Speaking of Firefox, I just wasted 90 minutes because they remotely disabled my speed dial.  I swear browsers waste more time just making decisions for you than anything other than Windows.  It drives me nuts.  If only there was a standardized dial so we could select all in one browser and paste into another it would be so cool.  But it has the advantage of keeping me from doing something productive I suppose.   8)
-MilesAhead (November 23, 2021, 04:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

dunno if you saw this or not, or if it relates to the speed dial xtn you use, but I ran across this 'explanation' this morning ...

https://www.ghacks.net/2021/11/24/mozilla-bans-the-fvd-speed-dial-extension-from-firefox/

dantheman:
After re-installing Vivaldi many a times, can attest that it's sync feature is excellent at remembering passwords (not so with Firefox) and re-instating extensions and more.

Also, with regards to computers, recall purchasing refurbished desktops (nowhere enormous as they used to be) with Win 7 and after about 7 years now, still working full speed. So much faster than Win 10! But buying any electronic stuff today is hard decision. Much like buying a new car. Even if you have the money, you're overwhelmed with so many options!!

dantheman:
@MilesAhead - just dawned on me.

If you open your Twitter page and another site to the right, you can tile vertically.
Thus have a larger view of what's going on Twitter as you surf to the right.

Just a thought.

MilesAhead:
^ I've started using Edge for video on an older laptop. Was using a lot less resources than others I tried (Firefox, Vivaldi, I can't remember what else)
-tomos (November 24, 2021, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Edge does seem to be quick.  I hate how stuff keeps changing.  I liked the chrome based Opera at the beginning because I could use most chrome extensions but it did not launch 20 instances when you were only running a couple of tabs like chrome did.  Now Opera seems to have abandoned any attempt to optimize resource usage.  I also notice Edge seems to be updated a couple of times a week.  I hope the programmers aren't doing lines to keep up with that schedule.   8)

MilesAhead:
@MilesAhead - just dawned on me.

If you open your Twitter page and another site to the right, you can tile vertically.
Thus have a larger view of what's going on Twitter as you surf to the right.

Just a thought.
-dantheman (November 28, 2021, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool.  Thanks.   :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version