ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera Start Page Question

(1/3) > >>

Stoic Joker:
So I decided to give the Opera browser a shot, since IE is rather long dead - Yes I'm still using it (hush..).

Is there any way of getting Google Search off of the default Opera Start Page?? I've seen many suggestions that don't work … Does anyone know of one that does?

I'm actually kinda liking this thing...just don't wanna see no 'G' world crap.

app103:
Under Settings, scroll to the bottom and then click to show advanced settings. Then keep scrolling till you get to the Start Page settings, and turn this switch on:

Opera Start Page Question

Stoic Joker:
Well that was easy enough..

Thanks!

MilesAhead:
I used the first completely free version of Opera (v. 8.02) and stuck with it for many years.  Small and fast!

Since you are new to Opera I thought I would put in $.02 that may make it easier to get a few things off the ground quickly.  If the Opera extensions store does not have an extension to do something you want you may wish to install the "Install Chrome Extensions" extension.  Since Opera is chrome based many, but not all, chrome extensions will work with it.  You just hav to try them and see.  The other thing a bit unique to Opera, it has its own Fast Dial mechanism without having to install an extension.  The dials are ordinary bookmarks.  You can populate the start page with a bunch of dials at once by selecting multiple bookmarks and pasting them into the Fast Dial favorites folder.

I have a low powered laptop so I find that video streaming often forces me to use Edge.  But for doing my email and checking out forums etc..  I always use the Opera Fast Dials.

Welcome to the big O!    :Thmbsup:

app103:
You can populate the start page with a bunch of dials at once by selecting multiple bookmarks and pasting them into the Fast Dial favorites folder.
-MilesAhead (November 01, 2021, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

It supports folders, too. ;)

I use Opera for work, and Vivaldi for everything else. (I love Vivaldi's multi-level tab stacking, a feature that Opera unfortunately does not have.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version