ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Cropping objects on canvas

(1/1)

vbmark:
I have a canvas with multiple objects on it with one being a small image that was pasted in.  I would like to crop this image object in-place.

Is that possible?

Thank you.

mouser:
If I understand you correctly, you dropped one image onto another and said to add it as an object (that you can move around and rescale and rotate).  And you are asking if you can crop it too?  SC has no function for copping objects on images.  What you could do is select it, choose File -> Save selected region as new file, then delete it.  Then go crop the newly saved file that should be just the object, and re-drop it back on the image.

vbmark:
Hi Mouser,

Yes, you understood correctly and yes, it was easy enough to crop with the extra steps but being able to do it right on the canvas would be a nice-to-have.

If you're interested in how I was using it, I started with a blank canvas and was kind of making a diagram to help me think about a problem and I added an image as a reference for a thought.  After I added the image I realized that it had garbage on the edges that I didn't want.

So, it's more than just a screenshot captor to me.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version